Anyone paying a visit to the Conch Republic should check into Pier House Resort and Spa. Nearly all the most popular attractions in the Florida Keys are just a short sunny stroll from this waterfront hotel.
Here's just a few ideas of what to see and do in Key West
- Earnest Hemingway House. See where the famed author wrote some of his greatest stories, home today to over 40 cats, many 6-toed descendents of Papa's own Snowball.
- Sloppy Joe's Key West. The rich history of this bar traces back to the day after Prohibition ended - and before - as the original owner ran speakeasies across town.
- Fort Jefferson and Dry Tortugas National Park: Secluded in the scenic Dry Tortugas, a group of islands off the coast of Key West, this historic fort is the largest brick structure in the Americas.
- Hog's Breath Saloon. Known for its rich live music scene every day and night, Hog's Breath Saloon has a devoted following of "Hog Heads" across the globe.
- Mel Fisher Maritime Museum. Picture yourself a treasure hunter at the Mel Fisher Maritime Heritage Museum, where precious cargo from slave ships and the Atocha are on display.
- Key West Aquarium. Both a piece of history and modern hands-on facility, Key West Aquarium was one of the first in Florida when it was built in the 1930s.
- Sunset Celebration at Mallory Square. Join all of Key West for the daily Sunset Celebration, as Mallory Square fills with performers, musicians and magicians, 2 hours before sundown.
- Fort Zachary Taylor. A 54-acre recreational Florida State Park and home to Fort Taylor, this picturesque part of Key West beckons sightseers, cyclists, and snorkelers.
- Harry S. Truman Little White House. President Truman spent 175 winter days of his presidency here, inspired by the sprawling estate, pristine architecture, and the Florida sun.
- Red Barn Theatre. Dating back to 1829, this historic building was originally a carriage house, until local players turned it into an intimate 88-seat theater.
- Danger Charters Keywest. With the best-rated Sunset Sail in the state for 3 years running, Danger Charters is also famous for its impressive “Skipjack” replica Schooners.
- Sunset Watersports Florida. The oldest and largest tour group in Key West, Sunset Watersports offers regular discounts on parasailing, snorkeling, and a "Do-it-All" package.
Book your stay at Pier House Resort and Spa >>