The Shelbourne Hotel was founded in 1824 by Tipperary man Martin Burke, when he acquired three adjoining townhouses overlooking Dublin's St Stephen's Green - Europe's largest garden square. Burke named his grand new hotel The Shelbourne, after William Petty, 2nd Earl of Shelburne.
In May 1922, The Shelbourne played host to its most historic meeting – the drafting of the Irish Constitution. Bunreacht na hÉireann was drawn up in room 112, under the leadership of Michael Collins. This room is now The Constitution Room.
View rates, details, and more images of The Shelbourne Hotel >>
Set in 200 acres of beautiful parkland, Dunbrody Country House... more >>
Set among the ivy-covered residences of Ballsbridge,... more >>
Dublin's premier boutique hotel located in the heart of the city... more >>
Dublin's most stylish and luxurious five star hotel, The Merrion... more >>
County Kildare, Ireland
Set amongst 550 acres of Kildare countryside by the River... more >>