Recipes from The Regency, A Loews Hotel New York
You have three choices when dining at The Regency, A Loews Hotel in New York City. Whether it is a power breakfast, light lunch, afternoon wine and hors d'oeuvres, pre-theater dinner, or late night candy - you can indulge in it all without leaving The Regency.
First. Feinstein's at The Regency - Yes, it's that Feinstein. The world-famous, Grammy-nominated, pop vocalist, songwriter, and music archivist, Michael Feinstein. He is the owner of the restaurant which brinds fine dining together with cabaret. Second. The Library. It's a place packed with literary legends - well, in spirit, at least. Shelves of books and comfy banquettes grace The Library where menus and wine lists make for some of the best reading around. Lastly, 540 Park which has long been regarded as the home of the power breakfast. 540 Park is also a serious contender when it comes to memorable dinners. The entrees, environment, and service are always exquisite. In fact, all that's missing is the pretention.
Mr. Stram at the hotel was nice enough to share with us three recipes that are just screaming to be recreated. See the first of the three after the jump ...
Penne with Vodka Sauce
1 - 10 quart stock pot
2 - 8 quart sauce pot
1 - 10" saute pan
1 - cutting board
1 - 10" chef knife
1 wooden spoon
2 lbs of Penne Pasta (Either Penne Spinach Rigate or Penne Rigate)
1 - 32oz can of whole peeled tomatoes with basil
1 - 32oz can of crushed tomatoes
1 head of garlic, thinly sliced
1 Spanish Onion
1 bunch of fresh basil, julienne
1 bunch of fresh thyme, chopped fine
1 bunch of fresh, oregano, chopped fine
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
6 oz of a Premium Brand of Vodka (Grey Goose or Absolute)
4 oz of Burgundy Wine
1 quart of heavy cream
Preparing the Sauce and the Pasta
1. Boil 1 gallon of water in the Stock pot and add 3 oz of kosher salt, and 3 oz of olive oil.
2. While the water comes to a boil, preheat the sauce pot and oil and butter.
3. Add the diced onion, and sweat, than add the sliced garlic.
3. Add the herbs and add the Burgundy Wine and reduce by half.
4. Add the canned tomato product and allow to simmer for 45 minutes
5. Allow to rest.
6. Add the 2lbs of pasta and stir constantly
7. Allow to cook about 8 minutes which is a little under al dente.
8. Pour into the colander
9. Toss with a little Extra Virgin Olive Oil
10. In the other sauce pot put on a low heat, take the pot off the heat, add the 4oz vodka.
11. Add the Heavy Cream and reduce by half and add the tomato sauce.
12. Combine the Pasta with the Vodka Sauce and portion into your favorite dish.
The Regency, A Loews Hotel, Official Site
The Regency, A Loews Hotel, Five Star Alliance
Tarrytown, United States
Situated on sprawling hilltop acres overlooking the Hudson... more >>
Fountain Hills, United States
CopperWynd Resort and Club, a boutique Arizona resort property... more >>
Jackson, United States
The Rusty Parrot Lodge and Spa offers the finest in Jackson Hole... more >>
More than somewhere to stay, OPUS Vancouver is somewhere to be.... more >>
Charleston, United States
Welcome to the Wentworth Mansion. To step through the doors is... more >>