- - ate appetizers and had drinks at Wakiya Gramercy Park Hotel - and thanks to the recommendation of the bartender - the soup dumplings on the Dim Sum menu were absolutely wonderful,
- had reservations for a girlfriend and I at the Rose Bar (I got in!) on a Saturday night where we sat next to the fire and drank martinis,
- enjoyed a continental breakfast on the Private Roof Club and Garden (where J.Lo had her baby shower the previous evening)
- and exercised in the Aerospace Fitness Centre.
Rates for the Deluxe Loft are usually around $725 (I received a 50% discount). I of course took photos during my stay - and you can see them all HERE or a few individual ones below ...
The Roof Club and Garden on the 16th floor uses "artist Julian Schnabel's vivid color palette of dazzling Renaissance colors" where "custom furniture and fittings weave through the space in a breathtaking series of seamless indoor and outdoor areas." The space also features a room which "includes a ceiling light installation that evokes the notion of a chandelier in the movie Blade Runner."
I especially enjoyed the Garden portion of the Rooftop space, with a retractable roof 16 stories above the city. For the continental breakfast, hotel guests were seated in sofas and chairs around coffee tables, and the food spread included fruits, pastries, cereals, yogurts, and breads. The waiters made sure to clear the tables and refilled orange juice and coffee.
View more photos or plan your visit to the Gramercy Park Hotel in New York City >>
Tarrytown, United States
Situated on sprawling hilltop acres overlooking the Hudson... more >>
Fountain Hills, United States
CopperWynd Resort and Club, a AAA Four Diamond boutique Arizona... more >>
Jackson, United States
The Rusty Parrot Lodge and Spa offers the finest in Jackson Hole... more >>
La Jolla, United States
* Please Note: As of May 1, 2013, Hotel Parisi will no longer be... more >>
Vancouver Opus Hotel Is Located In Downtown Vancouver In The... more >>