Eco-Friendly Luxury Hotels: InterContinental San Francisco Awarded LEED Gold Certification
• Floor to ceiling windows throughout the entire property that allow for lots of natural light (read: not from light bulbs!)
• Public transportation is used by more than 95% of the hotel’s staff, reducing the carbon dioxide emitted by commuting.
• Retro-commissioning of its energy systems by bringing in a third party to evaluate and upgrade its current systems, making them more efficient.
• A comprehensive recycling and composting program, diverting 80% of the hotel’s generated waste away from landfills and utilizing solar powered compactors.
• Green cleaning methods are used throughout the hotel operations (think hepa filtered vacuums, “Green Seal Certified” chemicals and micro-fiber cleaning cloths).
• Partnering with Renewable Choice Energy to reduce its environmental impact by purchasing renewable energy credits to offset 100% of its electricity and natural gas use, making the hotel’s energy use 100% carbon neutral.
Tarrytown, United States
Situated on sprawling hilltop acres overlooking the Hudson... more >>
Fountain Hills, United States
CopperWynd Resort and Club, a boutique Arizona resort property... more >>
Jackson, United States
The Rusty Parrot Lodge and Spa offers the finest in Jackson Hole... more >>
More than somewhere to stay, OPUS Vancouver is somewhere to be.... more >>
Charleston, United States
Welcome to the Wentworth Mansion. To step through the doors is... more >>