The Top 20 Hotels in 2011: #16 Auberge du Soleil
In the #16 spot we have the Auberge du Soleil, a lovely terraced boutique hotel in the heart of the Napa wine-country.
Quick facts about the Auberge du Soleil:
- The sophisticated hillside hotel takes advantage of its roots as a fine-dining establishment, and in the eyes of many, the Auberge remains a restaurant first and a hotel second, so high is the quality of its cuisine.
- The mediterranean decor, inspired by the European influences in California's wine-growing, sets apart the Inn of the Sun as the uniquely American experience: A cultural fusion of the best the occidental has to offer.
- Limited to residents of the hotel, the Inn's 7,000 sq. ft. spa is guaranteed to provide a quiet and relaxed atmosphere for innovative and local body and facial treatments.
- Private terraces offer an unparalleled view of the surrounding fields of grapes.
- The hotel is entirely newly renovated and has even launched its own custom-made bath amenities including the softest plush robes and slippers you've ever felt.
View photos, learn more about the hotel, and check availability at the Auberge du Soleil >>
Be sure to keep up with our countdown! In case you missed it, here are our previously featured hotels:
#18 – The Peninsula Chicago
#17 - The Tower Club at Lebua
St Helena, United States
Settled on a private, two-hundred-fifty acre estate, Meadowood... more >>
Rutherford, United States
Nearly three decades ago, Auberge du Soleil, one of Northern... more >>
Calistoga, United States
Calistoga Ranch is rich with relaxing, inspirational and... more >>
Napa, United States
PlumpJack's Carneros Inn, the area's only resort, was created to... more >>
Yountville, United States
The Inn features 112 spacious guestrooms arranged in two story... more >>