In the #16 spot we have the Auberge du Soleil, a lovely terraced boutique hotel in the heart of the Napa wine-country.
Quick facts about the Auberge du Soleil:
- The sophisticated hillside hotel takes advantage of its roots as a fine-dining establishment, and in the eyes of many, the Auberge remains a restaurant first and a hotel second, so high is the quality of its cuisine.
- The mediterranean decor, inspired by the European influences in California's wine-growing, sets apart the Inn of the Sun as the uniquely American experience: A cultural fusion of the best the occidental has to offer.
- Limited to residents of the hotel, the Inn's 7,000 sq. ft. spa is guaranteed to provide a quiet and relaxed atmosphere for innovative and local body and facial treatments.
- Private terraces offer an unparalleled view of the surrounding fields of grapes.
- The hotel is entirely newly renovated and has even launched its own custom-made bath amenities including the softest plush robes and slippers you've ever felt.
View photos, learn more about the hotel, and check availability at the Auberge du Soleil >>
Be sure to keep up with our countdown! In case you missed it, here are our previously featured hotels:
#18 – The Peninsula Chicago
#17 - The Tower Club at Lebua
St Helena, United States
Settled on a private, two-hundred-fifty acre estate, Meadowood is known for its beautiful, natural setting, gracious hospitality, classic architecture, and luxury lodging, as well as traditional pastimes including croquet,... more >>
Rutherford, United States
Nearly three decades ago, Auberge du Soleil, one of Northern California’s most revered dining establishments, opened the doors of its inn, a handful of maisons scattered across a 33-acre hillside olive grove in Napa Valley. ... more >>
Calistoga, United States
Calistoga Ranch is rich with relaxing, inspirational and invigorating experiences. Enjoy our beautiful environment with close friends. Wander off on your own to re-connect with nature. Or take in the many sights and activities of... more >>
Yountville, United States
The Inn features 112 spacious guestrooms arranged in two story building clusters, swimming pool and jacuzzi, welcome bottle of wine, daily champagne breakfast buffet, afternoon tea, coffee and cookies, concierge and room service.... more >>