Six Senses Laamu wants the earth to have as good an experience at their resort as the guests do. The luxury resort is committed to reducing its ecological and carbon footprint.
Here's a few of the green initiatives at the resort:
- All villas have been designed to take advantage of passive cooling and overhanging roofs creates shade for the windows, thus reducing the need for air-conditioning. Where air-conditioning is required, only low energy units are used.
- Freshwater production works through reverse-osmosis desalination, whereby pressurised seawater is filtered via a semi-permeable membrane – an energy-intense operation. To reduce this energy consumption, an innovative energy recovery system (ERI) uses the brine’s energy to pressurise seawater to the same pressure as the brine. This installation makes the desalination process much more efficient.
- Suppliers are asked to reduce packaging when delivering supplies.
- Printing paper is eco-labelled or recycled and the reverse side of printed paper is used for notes.
- Guests are given re-usable glass water bottles rather than disposable plastic bottles.
- A recycling corner where waste is separated into paper, plastic, metal, glass, organic waste, and toxic waste. A compactor reduces the space required to store the waste before it is sent for recycling and proper handling.
- A composting site takes food waste from the kitchen and restaurants composts it with garden waste. The composting soil generated from this activity is reused in our landscape and gardening.
View rates, details, and more images of Six Senses Laamu >>
South Male Atoll, Maldives
Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives, is an exclusive, private and romantic island resort lush with tropical plants and encircled by clear blue waters of one of the largest lagoons of the Maldives. The resort is a Member of The... more >>
Republic Of Maldives, Maldives
Create a land and sea Maldives adventure -- whether on our private coral island, fringed with white sand and crystal water, or in the comfort of the Four Seasons Explorer catamaran. Untouched atolls await days and nights of... more >>
North Male Atoll, Maldives
Cast Away On A Secluded Coral Atoll In The Paradisiacal Maldives Archipelago. You Experience A Sense Of Magic, Romance And Tranquility At Banyan Tree Maldives Thats Second To None. Time Moves Imperceptibly, While The Gentle Touch... more >>
"Surrounded by the unspoiled natural beauty of the Maldives, Angsana Resort & Spa Maldives Ihuru seduces with the hedonistic pleasures of a spa retreat and the promise of halcyon days in the sumptuous comfort of your own villa.... more >>