The Luxury Hotel Insider:Exclusive luxury hotel deals, features and special rates from the luxury hotel experts at Five Star Alliance.
Named one of Tripbase's Best Luxury Travel Blogs for 2011, below are Five Star Alliance's newest articles featuring exclusive information on luxury hotels worldwide including special offers and deals at the world's best hotels.
1. Nolinski Paris - steps away from the Palais Royal Gardens, this boutique hotel opened earlier this year. Set in a Haussmanian Building, the pet-friendly hotel has a spa and brasserie. Five Star Alliance Perk: guests receive a welcome pastry or appetizer, and a smartphone to use during the stay with unlimited international phone calls and internet.
2. Victoria Palace Hotel - set in the 6th arrondissement, steps away from Rue de Rennes, this historic hotel has been a Paris landmark since 1913, the hotel offers understated Left Bank luxury, upscale amenities, and a centralized location with easy access to public transportation. Five Star Alliance Perk: guests making reservations with Five Star Alliance receive complimentary full breakfast for two, 40 Euro bar credit per room, and welcome chocolates.
3. Hotel du Louvre - overlooking the famous Louvre Museum, this historic property was built in 1855. There's the reknowned Brasserie du Louvre on-site, and the Bar offers Napoleon III style with jazz evenings. Five Star Alliance Perk: guests that book with Five Star Alliance receive a complimentary welcome cocktail.
4. La Tremoille - nestled along a quiet street in the heart of the Golden Triangle, combines a Haussman-era building with contemporary styling, for a modern retreat close to the Champs-Elysees, Georges V Avenue, and Montaigne Avenue. Five Star Alliance Perk: guests that book with Five Star Alliance receive a complimentary box of Laduree Macaroons.
5. Hotel Pont Royal - in the heart of Saint Germain des Pres, close to Cafe de Flore and the Musee d'Orsay, the hotel offers original painintgs by Beaux Arts students, Parisian views, and L' Atelier de Joel Robuchon with new French cuisine. Five Star Alliance Perk: guests making reservations with Five Star Alliance receive daily buffet breakfast for two, WiFi and on-demand video, plus a 30 Euro beverage credit.
Langham Place, New York, Fifth Avenue has partnered with Roche Bobois, a French design firm and retailer, to introduce the new Roche Bobois Suites. The new suites are slated to debut this September, coinciding with both New York Fashion Week and the United Nations General Assembly.
The Roche Bobois suites (#2503 and #2603), have two full bathrooms, an additional half-bath and a combined living and dining area, as well as a full-service kitchen, washer and dryer and floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the New York skyline and Empire State Building.
Inspired by the brand’s collaborations with fashion houses such as Jean Paul Gaultier and Missoni, the new suites also incorporate elements from Roche Bobois' most recent collaboration with Christian Lacroix.
Design elements of the new Roche Bobois Suites at Langham Place, New York include:
- Living room furniture, such as a Presence Sofa, a Profile tufted leather ottoman and an Epoq sofa from the Nouveaux Classique collection
- Aqua dining table, which can seat up to 10 guests
- Courchevel King Size beds in each bedroom
- Artwork using materials from Maison Christian Lacroix
- Mounted TV units by Chicane and Logos in each bedroom - Drapery by men’s fashion designer Paul Smith
- Accent pillows and throws throughout the suites by Maison Lacroix
Check rates at Langham Place Hotel, Fifth Avenue >>
With history dating back to the early 16th century, Hotel Elephant hotel has served as a rendezvous for international poets, artists, intellectuals, and statesmen ranging from Goethe to Schiller to Bach. Goethe was known to sip wine in the basement, and there is a secret tunnel dating back to World War II.
Works of contemporary artists such as Elvira Bach, Markus Lupertz, and Hans Peter Adamski decorate the walls of guest rooms and suites.
Book a stay at Hotel Elephant >>
The Inauguration has got us jazzed about the next four years, and we’re taking a look into some of the world’s most extravagant and luxurious presidential suites!
Today’s focus is the 51 Buckingham Gate in London which has a Presidential Residence, complete with 6 bedrooms, 3 kitchens and takes up an entire floor. Guests are welcomed by personal and discreet butlers and the suites in 51 Buckingham Gate feature award winning contemporary bathrooms and modern kitchens fitted with state-of-the-art equipment.
Explore photos, availability, and rates at the 51 Buckingham Gate here!
Don't the let the pesky little fact that the legendary sex symbol is no longer alive put a damper on your New Year's Eve. You can still say Ciao to 2012 and Buon giorno to 2013 with Marilyn Monroe at your side. The divine Renaissance villa turned luxury hotel Il Salviatino has dreamed up a New Year with Marilyn package. You'll enjoy a show-stopping 1950s themed New Year’s Eve Gala Dinner inspired by the very best music,
style and fashion this iconic era is famous for. You'll dine on gourmet food and then dance away 2012 to the sounds of Marilyn Monroe and The Rat Pack.
The Package includes:
Two nights in the room or suite of your choice
Full à la carte breakfast
Seasonal welcome gift
The New Year’s Eve gala dinner (excluding drinks)
Special New Year’s brunch on January 1st
A farewell gift
Guaranteed late check out on your departure day
Prices start at € 1,178.10 for a Deluxe double room.
Additional terms and conditions apply, and space is limited, so book today!
We all know Lady Gaga for her exorbitant meat dresses and funky fresh pop music, but she also has a charitable side. According to ABC, Lady Gaga met a British couple who were having their wedding reception at the Dorchester in London. After a conversation, the lovely couple must have made quite an impression for Lady Gaga gifted them a stay in a deluxe room as a wedding gift. Unfortunately, her offer was declined possibly because the couple already had honeymoon plans, but it’s certainly the thought that counts! Be sure to explore the Dorchester here, which is a celebrity hotspot with Rihanna and Jay-Z also rumored to have stayed there. Would you turn down a free hotel stay from Lady Gaga or anyone else for that matter? If not, be sure to sign up for our newsletter to automatically be entered to win a free luxury hotel stay!
New York City’s Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week will be September 6th – 13th, 2012, and it will feature the hotttest Spring 2013 collections. Make your reservations at any of our 97 luxury hotels to make sure you don’t miss out on the fun. For more information on Fashion Week, visit http://www.mbfashionweek.com/home
(Photo of the Surrey)
One of the big attractions of Singapore is its iconic Orchard Road, a luxury shopping district that rivals the Kurfurstendamm in Berlin or Chicago's Magnificent Mile. Many of our travelers have expensive tastes, and we've learned only to suggest the tip-top in boutique designer stores alongside the bigger name-brands. Singapore's Orchard Road has them in droves; choice is the name of the game here. The Four Seasons Singapore brings old-world luxury to the center of the modern shopping district. It carries all of the elegance and international standards of the Four Seasons brand, and infuses it with the metropolitan flair of one of Southeast Asia's cultural centers. You'll love staying in any of its 250 rooms and especially the top-of-the-line suites, which are guaranteed to have enough closet space for your new acquisitions. Catch views of the Orchard Boulevard or the Botanical Gardens from the very best rooms while getting ready for an in-room massage from one of their personal treatment specialists. You can also head downstairs to experience some exquisite classical Cantonese or modern European cuisine. The Four Seasons Singapore is great stop for the prospective shopper looking to find everything that the Orchard Road has to offer.