Five Star Alliance's Vote Your Way to the World's Best OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW OR REGULATION. PARTICIPANTS MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to Five Star Alliance and not to Facebook.
1. SWEEPSTAKES DESCRIPTION: The Five Star Alliance Vote Your Way to the World’s Best (the "Sweepstakes" or "Contest") involves one drawing to award one (1) grand prize and one drawing to award one of seven (7) first prizes. Entry in this Sweepstakes does not constitute entry into any other promotion, contest, or sweepstakes. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Questex Media Group LLC dba Five Star Alliance, 275 Grove Street, Suite 2 130, Newton, MA 02466 (the "Sponsor") and COHEN-FRIEDBERG ASSOCIATES, LLC, Framingham, MA 01702 (the "Administrator"), whose decisions shall be final and legally binding in all respects.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the (i) fifty United States (but excluding U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, and other United States territories), (ii) Canada (excluding the Province of Quebec), (iii) the United Kingdom (Great Britain, Whales, Northern Ireland, and Scotland), and (iv) the Republic of Ireland who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor, Administrator, Qatar Airways, Sweepstakes prize suppliers, and each of their affiliated companies, subsidiaries, licensees, distributors, dealers, sales representatives, retailers, printers, individuals engaged in the development, production, or distribution of materials, their advertising and Sweepstakes agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the Sweepstakes agents (collectively, the "Sweepstakes Entities"), and each of their immediate family members and/or people living in the same household, are not eligible to participate. All eligibility is subject to all federal, state/province, country and local laws and regulations. All entries submitted are the property of the Sponsor. The Sponsor’s database clock will be the timekeeper for this Sweepstakes.
3. TIMING/ HOW TO ENTER:
The Sweepstakes begins on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Standard Time and ends on Friday, March 14, 2014 at 11:59:59 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
Method of Entry: You may enter at either the Sponsor’s website http://www.fivestaralliance.com/vote-best-2014 or on the Sponsor’s Facebook page during the Sweepstakes Period. No matter which point of entry you select, complete the online registration with all required information which will include full name, state/province, country, telephone number (optional and used for contacting winner only), email address, age and one (1) vote for the First Prize destination you would most like to visit, agree to the Official Rules and submit. Once you submit your entry, you will automatically be entered into the Sweepstakes drawing. If you are a First Prize winner, you will receive the prize you cast your vote for. By participating in this Sweepstakes, you will automatically receive marketing emails from Sponsor, Qatar Airways and the First Prize property you cast your vote for. You may opt-out after you receive your first email. Limit: One (1) entry per email address during the Sweepstakes Period.
Registration information collected may be used for Sweepstakes marketing specifically and only as it relates to Five Star Alliance and prize providers. The respective privacy policies may be viewed at:
www.emaar.com/Privacy/Index.asp and www.giorgioarmani.com/registration/media_en/legal.html
www.palaceresorts.com/en/privacy-users and http://palaceresorts.com/en/privacy-vigilancy
Entries made by any other individual or any entity, including (but not limited to) commercial sweepstakes/contest subscription notification and/or entering services, will be declared invalid and disqualified for this Sweepstakes. Tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes is prohibited and any entries deemed by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, to have been submitted in this manner will be void. Entries generated by a script, macro, or other automated means will be disqualified. Entries that are incomplete, garbled, corrupted, or unintelligible for any reason, including (but not limited to) computer or network malfunction or congestion, are void and will not be accepted. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of receipt. In case of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Entry constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law) to use entrant’s name, city, state/province, country, likeness, image, and/or voice for purposes of advertising, Sweepstakes, and publicity in any and all media now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification, permission, or approval.
4. PRIZES/ODDS/ APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”): Only the number of prizes listed below will be awarded in this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. All prize ARV in USD.
One (1) GRAND PRIZE: Winner may select either one of these Grand Prizes:
GRAND PRIZE A) • Armani Hotel Dubai, 4 night stay in Armani Deluxe Room, ARV $3,200 USD. • Two (2) business class roundtrip flights from major airport closest to winner’s residence, courtesy of Qatar Airways. Tickets must be issued by March 31, 2014 and valid for Travel through 2014. ARV up to $20,000 USD depending on route chosen. Total ARV of this prize package not to exceed $23,200 USD
GRAND PRIZE B) • Le Toiny, 4 night stay in One Bedroom Villa Suite, at Le Toiny on the French Caribbean Island of St. Barthelemy. ARV $10,000 USD. No transportation included.
ONE (1) FIRST PRIZE: The hotel prize to be awarded to the winner will be the hotel property they voted for when registering. NO TRANSPORTATION INCLUDED.
• Acqualina Resort and Spa, 4 Night stay in an Ocean View Room. ARV $3,000 USD.
• Armani Hotel Milan, 4 Night stay in Armani Deluxe Room. ARV $3,000 USD.
• Grand Colonial La Jolla, 4 Night Stay in Ocean View Room. ARV $1,440 USD.
• Le Blanc, Cancun, 4 Nights All Inclusive. ARV $3,000 USD.
• Grace Cafayate, 4 Night Deluxe Room. ARV $1,500 USD.
• Trout Point Lodge, 4 Night Deluxe Junior Suite. ARV $1,270 USD.
• Titilaka, 4 Night All Inclusive. ARV $2,900 USD
Prize Notes: Winner and guest must have a valid passport and proper identification to travel or to check into a hotel. Winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary and on the same dates. Blackout dates may apply and all reservations are subject to availability. In the event the prize winner or his/her guest engages in behavior that, as determined by in its sole discretion, is obnoxious or threatening, illegal, or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the experience in whole or in part, with no further compensation. All gratuities, taxes, incidental expenses, and any other expenses not specified herein are the sole responsibility of the prize winner and his/her guest. Total approximate retail value of all prizes not to exceed $26,200.
Prizes will be awarded only if the potential Prize Winner fully complies with these Official Rules. Prizes are non-assignable and non-transferable. Prizes are non-transferable, and no cash alternative or substitution will be allowed, except Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute prize(s) of comparable value if any prize listed is unavailable, in whole or in part, for any reason. No other substitution or transfer of prize permitted. Prize cannot be redeemed for any cash value, credit, or future promotions.
5. WINNER SELECTION, ENTRY DATES AND NOTIFICATION: By entering into the Sweepstakes via either of the methods described above and submitting your information, your name will be entered into the random drawings for one of the prizes from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. A random drawing will be conducted from all eligible entries received on or about March 19, 2014. Conduct of the Sweepstakes and the drawing are under the supervision of the Administrator. The potential winner selected will be notified by telephone, by email, or by express mail or online posting, whichever is deemed appropriate by the Administrator, using the contact information provided at the time of entry. Sponsor shall have no liability for any potential prize winning notification that is lost, intercepted, or not received by any potential winner for any reason. If, despite reasonable efforts, any potential winner does not respond within (5) days of the first notification attempt, or if the prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to such potential winner, he/she will forfeit his/her prize and an alternate winner may be selected. If any potential winner is found to be ineligible, or if he/she has not complied with these Official Rules, or declines a prize for any reason prior to award, such potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected.
Any prize winner with a prize value of $600 USD and where required by law will be required to complete, sign, and return to Administrator an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release within 14 days of receipt of such documents from the Administrator. If such documents are not returned to Sponsor prior to such deadline, any prize won may be forfeited in Sponsor’s sole discretion, such potential winner shall be disqualified, and an alternate winner selected from the remaining eligible entries.
If a winning entrant is from Canada, the entrant will be required to correctly answer a mathematical skill testing question without assistance of any kind (whether mechanical or otherwise) within a 2-minute time limit in order to be eligible to win the prize. The question will be administered by phone within five (5) business days following the drawing. If entrant cannot be contacted and the skill testing question administered, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected. The prize will be awarded only if the potential winner fully complies with these Official Rules. If the potential winner resides in Great Britain, he/she will not be responsible for paying taxes on the prize (described above), but will be expected to pay for costs and expenses (including any and all taxes) relating to everything which does not form part of the prize described above. All winners not residing in Great Britain will be responsible for all federal, state, provincial and local taxes.
6. ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning the prize depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
7. GENERAL PRIZE RESTRICTIONS/CONDITIONS: By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees, for himself/herself and for his/her heirs, executors, and administrators (A) to release and hold harmless each of the Sweepstakes Entities, Facebook, Inc., and their respective officers, directors, and employees (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from such entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of Prize or any portion thereof (including any travel related thereto); (B) that none of the Released Parties has neither made nor is in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to any prize, including (without limitation) as to such prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose; and (C) to be bound by these Official Rules and to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error therein or in the Sweepstakes itself, and to be bound by all decisions of the Sponsor, which are binding and final. Failure to comply with these conditions may result in disqualification from the Sweepstakes at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Sponsor makes no warranties, and hereby disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any prize furnished in connection with the Sweepstakes. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, SUCH PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND SPONSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
To the extent that English law is applied to these Official Rules or the Sweepstakes, nothing in these Official Rules shall in any way limit or exclude any party’s liability for (a) death or personal injury caused by the negligent act or omission of that party, or (b) for fraud.
8. PUBLICITY RELEASE: Except where prohibited, acceptance of the prize constitutes prize winner’s permission for the Sweepstakes Entities to use prize winner’s name, photograph, image, likeness, voice, biographical information, statements, and complete address (collectively, the “Attributes”), for advertising and/or publicity purposes worldwide and in all forms of media now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, without further compensation or authorization, (except where prohibited by law), and releases the Sweepstakes Entities from all claims arising out of the use of such Attributes. Nothing shall obligate Sponsor, Administrator, or any advertising agency or other company or individual involved with the design, production, execution, distribution, or judging of the Sweepstakes to so use or engage in any of the above.
9. DISQUALIFICATION/FORCE MAJEURE: Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, mutilated, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, inaccurate, or stolen, submissions or prize notifications. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or undermining the operation of the Sweepstakes, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from, and pursue other remedies against any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. No mechanically reproduced, illegible, incomplete, forged, software-generated or other automated multiple entries will be accepted. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, extend, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the Sweepstakes is technically impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control have destroyed or severely undermined or to any degree impaired the integrity, administration, security, proper play and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein. In the Sponsor is prevented from awarding prizes or continuing with the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis (e.g., SARS), order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), then Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes. If the Sweepstakes is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsor will (if possible) select the winner in a random drawing from all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. Only the type and quantity of prize described in these Official Rules will be awarded. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
10. GOVERNING LAW/JURISDICTION: THE SWEEPSTAKES AND THESE OFFICIAL RULES ARE GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF MASSACHUSETTS, WITHOUT REGARD TO CONFLICT OF LAWS PROVISIONS, AND THE EXCLUSIVE FORUM AND VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE IN THE COMMONWEALTH OF MASSACHUSETTS. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF.
11. WINNERS LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: Visit http://www.fivestaralliance.com/luxury-hotel-experts/promotions/vote-best-2014 for Official Rules. A list of winners will be posted within 60 days of the contest ending.
© Questex Media Group LLC dba Five Star Alliance. All Rights Reserved.