December 18, 2011
By: Five Star Alliance
In the #14 spot we have the One and Only Maldives at Reethi Rah, the perfect tropical beach resort.
Quick facts about the One and Only Maldives:
- An all-villa property, the personalized experience offered in the 130 villas rivals any other in the world. Exclusive privacy is at a premium in a world where your blackberry is always on, but the One and Only Maldives transports you to another world where it's just you and the sand between your toes.
- Their KidsOnly program is free for children ages 2-11, offering age-appropriate activities for the younger world traveler. On top of that, babysitting is available for children under two 24 hours a day.
- The One and Only Spa offers ice fountains to vitalize your body by contrasting with the warmth of the tropical waters as well as their crystal steam rooms.
- All guests arrive on property after a 75 minute journey from Male International Airport aboard a 55-foot luxury yacht.
- Three restaurants and a bar on-site with diverse offerings: Reethi Restaurant, Tapasake, Fanditha, and Rah Bar.
- View the floor plans for the Beach Villas (135 m2 including verandah), Water Villas (149 m2 including verandah), and Grand Beach Villa with 1 bedroom and pool (260 m2 including veranda and pool area).
View photos, learn more about the hotel, and check availability at the One and Only Maldives at Reethi Rah >>
Be sure to keep up with our countdown! In case you missed it, here are our previously featured hotels:
#18 – The Peninsula Chicago
#17 - The Tower Club at Lebua
#16 - Auberge du Soleil
#15 - The Mount Nelson Hotel
May 13, 2011
By: Meagan Drillinger
Previously, the luxurious Conrad Maldives Rangali Island was known for offering guests the chance to dine in the world's first all-glass, undersea restaurant. But have you ever wanted to know what it's like to sleep with the fishes, but get to wake up in the morning? Now you can with the Conrad's signature under-water Ithaa Restaurant which is giving guests a chance to spend a night under water in the new "Ithaa Suite."
Celebrating its fifth anniversary, the restaurant, set approximately 16 feet below the Indian Ocean's surface, offers guests a one-of-a-kind dining experience as thousands of fish swim across the 180-degree-arched glass ceiling. Now, the hotel has worked to turn the restaurant into an exclusive suite for two - talk about a room with a view!
Note Bene: The special suite is available for only one night of a guest's stay and arrangements must be made prior to arrival. Available to only one set of guests at a time, the experience comes with a private Champagne dinner and breakfast in bed.
Other Highlights of the Conrad Maldives Rangali Island: Private double island resort surrounded by white sand beaches and coral reefs; 50 luxurious water villas, 79 exotic beach villas and 21 fabulous spa water villas with private treatment rooms; Deluxe Beach Villas with private plunge pool and garden; Seaplane arrival. Learn more and make reservations: Conrad Maldives Rangali Island