The Luxury Hotel Insider
The Luxury Hotel Insider:Exclusive luxury hotel deals, features and special rates from the luxury hotel experts at Five Star Alliance.
Named one of Tripbase's Best Luxury Travel Blogs for 2011, below are Five Star Alliance's newest articles featuring exclusive information on luxury hotels worldwide including special offers and deals at the world's best hotels.
Here are Three Boutique Hotel options in New Orleans:
1. The Audubon Cottages provide a historic setting in the French Quarter, with one and two bedroom suites set within seven private cottages. Offering a high level of service, guests have full access to additional amenities at the Dauphine Orleans Hotel including valet parking, fitness center, and continental breakfast. Continue below the photo.
Check rates and availability at the Audubon Cottages >>
2. Set in the French Quarter, the iconic Bourbon Orleans Hotel offers a historic venue that recently underwent a multi-million dollar transformation. Classically furnished, guest rooms are designed for the modern traveler with plush pillowtop beds and walk-in showers. Steps away from Bourbon and Royal Streets, the hotel has a private courtyard with an outdoor pool, plus the Roux on Orleans restaurant. Read more below.
Check rates and availability at the Bourbon Orleans Hotel >>
3. Modern and trendy, the Hotel Le Marais is a chic hotel in the French Quarter. Combining a historic backdrop with contemporary styling, the trendy bar Vive! features signature cocktails, and a chic lounge that opens to a French Quarter courtyard with a heated outdoor pool and lounge space.
Check rates and availability at Hotel Le Marais >>
Find the Bali Beyond the Beach at the Four Seasons Jimbaran Bay
Long before Bali became known primarily for its beach parties, this Indonesian island was a quiet artists' community, and still retains a vibrant arts scene. It's a quieter side of Bali that the Four Seasons Jimbaran Bay resort is hoping to channel with a new set of traditional villas and the establishment of the Ganesha Cultural Centre, a showplace for traditional art, crafts, and music.
In a setting reminiscent of a Balinese village, the resort's new two-bedroom, Jimbaran Bay, and Premier villas are built from locally sourced materials, from wood floors to thatched roofs. Each villa is also decorated with original artwork, and bedrooms abut a common living area that flows into the sundeck with a pool and outdoor dining area, the latter set on a cliff's edge.
Luxury Travel Advisor thinks the redo at the Four Seasons Jimbaran Bay will appeal to VIPs seeking a more authentic Bali experience — or at least a trip that doesn’t focus on partying until dawn. The destination, of course, offers plenty of opportunities to engage in Balinese culture, from visiting the Tanah Lot temple on its narrow perch above the sea to browsing the stalls in the Ubud Art Market. The Ganesha Cultural Centre, located on the resort grounds, expands the former Ganesha Gallery by adding hands-on learning programs to the static displays.
“We believe it is our responsibility, as well as our honor, to give guests the opportunity to personally meet and learn from Bali’s talented artists, who are hand-picked and invited to share their knowledge and skills,” said Uday Rao, general manager of Four Seasons Resorts Bali, in a written release.
For example, guests can take lessons in woodcarving, weaving, painting, and dancing, and learn the proper way to make offerings at Balinese ceremonies. The Jimbaran Bay resort also has a Balinese cooking academy, an on-site Hindu temple, and a cultural immersion program that includes tours led by a resident Balinese priest.
Check rates and availability at Four Seasons Bali Jimbaran Bay >>
Combining local style with modern touches, the suite features a color palette of cream and white with wood flooring and elegant lighting. The sea is visibile from the bedroom and sitting rooms, both of which offer plenty of natural lighting. Continue reading below.
The wall-to-wall windows in the living room looking onto the terrace, make the space feel as if it is all one large living area, with indoor and outdoor seating. The 603-square-foot terrace is one of the largest in the area, and is adorned with a large, potted lemon tree, Mediterranean plants, and incomparable sea views. Read more below the photo.
The Belmond Hotel Splendido and Splendido Mare offers a luxurious escape in the Italian Riviera. The Belmond Splendido Mare is located in the heart of Portofino on the iconic Piazzetta, and the Belmond Hotel Splendido is a luxurious retreat suspened on a cliff above the sea. Both offer Italian charm with superior amenities and luxury services.
Check rates and availability at the Belmond Hotel Splendido and Splendido Mare >>
Close to Bourbon Street, the Hotel Mazarin offers guests two upscale on-site options for enjoying a cocktail or nightcap. Patrick's Bar is the only wine bar in the French Quarter, and it's managed by New Orleans' own bon vivant, Patrick Van Hoorebeek. Featuring a chic setting, the wine bar opens to an outdoor courtyard, and serves small plates along with fine wines. There's also wine lockers for those seeking to preserve their own vintages.
The 21st Amendment at La Louisiane pays tribute to the 1920s, when the mafia and speakeasies thrived in the Big Easy. Featuring handcrackted cocktails infused with locally grown herbs, homemade syrups, and special spiritis, the bar offers a speakeasy-inspired setting within the former La Louisiane Restaurant. Continue below the photo.
Check rates and availability at Hotel Mazarin >>
Top amenities at the Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort include:
- The Atabei Spa offering a range of spa treatments and services inspired by the culture and rituals of the island's Arawak people. There's also Health Retreats designed by the PIAI Instute, yoga programs, fitness center, and salon services.
- Tafelberg Tennis Oasis at the resort has four Hydrogrid clay courts, and is rated one of the finest in the Caribbean. Managed by Peter Burwash International, the facilities features open-play, clinics, tournaments, private lessons, and more. Continue reading below the photo.
- The Old Quarry Golf Course is rated as one of Golfweek's Best Courses in the Caribbean & Mexico. The Pete Dye-designed course overlooks the bay known as Spanish Water, and is set on a naturally countoured site. Continue below.
Check rates and availability at Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort >>
Showcasing the finest of Swiss traditions, the hotel's on-site 1844 Chocolat offers exclusive Swiss chocolate creations using a selection of handpicked cocoa varieties. A short stroll from the Paradeplatz financial district and the celebrated shopping street of the Bahnhofstrasse, the elegant property is close to Zurich's landmark destinations, yet removed enough to offer an upscale retreat with views of the Alps. Continue reading below the photo.
The hotel's Le Hall offers a celebrated traditional afternoon tea from October to April, and the Christmas season is particularly festive with a Christmas Tree Lighting celebration, Chalet au Lac with fire tongs punch and mulled wine with Swiss dishes, and the New Year's Eve Ball ends with a fireworks display over the lake.
Five Star Alliance Perk: All guests that book the "Best Available Rate" with Five Star Alliance will receive complimentary breakfast for two at Pavillon, $100 food and beverage credit, fruit amenity, and homemade chocolate from 1844 Chocolat.
Check rates and availability at Baur au Lac >>
Three of the best amenities at Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok:
1. The 35-meter infinity pool that appears to stretch out onto the Chao Phraya River, with a pool bar, relaxing sundeck with lounge chairs and umbrellas, plus breathtaking city views and fresh breezes. There's also two kids' pools, jacuzzi, and lush greenery for an ideal urban escape.
2. Nemita Spa provides an ultra-luxe pampering environment with a wide range of treatments, including traditional Thai massages, bath rituals, facials, aromatherapy, and a variety of sensorial delights.
3. Dining at the hotel offers a range of options from casual to upscale. For breathtaking views of the city, Pier 28 offers an al fresco riverside setting with Thai and international specialties. There's also the recently refurbished River Barge Restaurant with an upscale environment with unique lighting, a la carte menus, and themed buffet meals. Plus, the Silver Waves Chinese Restaurant will reopen in late 2016 with floor-to-ceiling windows and Bangkok views.
Five Star Alliance Perk Alert: Guests that book with Five Star Alliance receive a complimentary box of homemade Thai tea macaroons.
Check rates and availability at the Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok >>