The Luxury Hotel Insider: Exclusive luxury hotel deals, features and special rates from the luxury hotel experts at Five Star Alliance.
Named one of Tripbase's Best Luxury Travel Blogs for 2011, below are Five Star Alliance's newest articles featuring exclusive information on luxury hotels worldwide including special offers and deals at the world's best hotels.
- An all-villa property, the personalized experience offered in the 130 villas rivals any other in the world. Exclusive privacy is at a premium in a world where your blackberry is always on, but the One and Only Maldives transports you to another world where it's just you and the sand between your toes.
- Their KidsOnly program is free for children ages 2-11, offering age-appropriate activities for the younger world traveler. On top of that, babysitting is available for children under two 24 hours a day.
- The One and Only Spa offers ice fountains to vitalize your body by contrasting with the warmth of the tropical waters as well as their crystal steam rooms.
- The resort offers guided snorkeling excursions, deep-sea fishing, parasailing, and Jet Skis. See the sea in an entirely new way.
- All guests arrive on property after a 75 minute journey from Male International Airport aboard a 55-foot luxury yacht.
- Three restaurants and a bar on-site with diverse offerings: Reethi Restaurant, Tapasake, Fanditha, and Rah Bar.
In the final days of 2011, Five Star Alliance is counting down the Top 20 Luxury Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, as decided by our guests.
In the #16 spot we have the Auberge du Soleil, a lovely terraced boutique hotel in the heart of the Napa wine-country.
Quick facts about the Auberge du Soleil:
- The sophisticated hillside hotel takes advantage of its roots as a fine-dining establishment, and in the eyes of many, the Auberge remains a restaurant first and a hotel second, so high is the quality of its cuisine.
- The mediterranean decor, inspired by the European influences in California's wine-growing, sets apart the Inn of the Sun as the uniquely American experience: A cultural fusion of the best the occidental has to offer.
- Limited to residents of the hotel, the Inn's 7,000 sq. ft. spa is guaranteed to provide a quiet and relaxed atmosphere for innovative and local body and facial treatments.
- The hotel is the perfect jumping off point for tours of Napa Valley's finest wineries.
- Private terraces offer an unparalleled view of the surrounding fields of grapes.
- The hotel is entirely newly renovated and has even launched its own custom-made bath amenities including the softest plush robes and slippers you've ever felt.
We understand that no one aims to come in second place; there is no recognition for mediocrity. We at Five Star Alliance understand better than anyone the importance of offering the most luxurious resorts in the world, so we notice what’s going on in the industry, and it matters to us, because it matters to you. We work hard to offer you the best in the industry, and we’d like to welcome you to our second blog series where we feature the best and most luxurious resorts in the world. But don’t take our word for it. These resorts have been recognized as the best in the business and have made the prestigious Condé Nast Traveler Gold List 2012.
The Condé Nast Traveler Gold List 2012 is the eighth of their annual lists, and the hotels chosen by their team of editors and experts are the best for service, food, location, rooms, leisure facilities, ambiance and design.
The Henry Jones Art Hotel in Tasmania, Australia is featured on the Gold List 2012: Best for ambiance and design. This luxury hotel is the first and only dedicated art hotel in Australia. It presents an atmosphere that allows guests to enjoy art in a unique manner. The public areas in the hotel have 300 paintings and sculptures, many of which are for sale. There are beautiful works of art in every guest room, exposing guests to sophisticated art all the while providing them with a luxurious experience.
- This luxury hotel was transformed from the Fullerton Building which was built in 1928.
- Located a 25-minute drive from Singapore Changi Airport, 12 minutes from the Singapore Cruise Centre, and 10 minutes from the Malayan Railway Station.
- Voted the best hotel in Asia in the Conde Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Awards 2006.
- 400 spacious rooms that blend the old and new to provide luxurious accommodations suitable for business and leisure travelers.
- Nine furnished function rooms which can be customized to suit your requirements.
- 25-meter outdoor infinity pool overlooking the Singapore River.
- The presidential suite was formerly the card room of the elite Singapore Club. This 199 square meter suite is furnished with a baby grand piano and has a private elevator for discreet access, and the living and dining room extends out to a spectacular verandah.
- The 8 loft suites, all two-storey duplex suites, line the building and feature French doors leading out to a balcony with a view of the Marina Bay Waterfront.
We understand that no one aims to come in second place; there is no recognition for mediocrity. We at Five Star Alliance understand better than anyone the importance of offering the most luxurious resorts in the world, so we notice what’s going on in the industry, and it matters to us, because it matters to you. We work hard to offer you the best in the industry, and we’d like to welcome you to our second blog series where we feature the best and most luxurious resorts in the world. But don’t take our word for it. These resorts have been recognized as the best in the business and have made the prestigious Condé Nast Traveller Gold List 2012.
The Condé Nast Traveller Gold List 2012 is the eighth of their annual lists, and the hotels chosen by their team of editors and experts are the best for service, food, location, rooms, leisure facilities, ambiance, and design.
The Carlisle Bay in St. Mary’s, Antigua and Barbuda is featured on the Gold List 2012: Best Hotels for Service. This luxury hotel is set on the south coast of Antigua, on one of the most incredible beaches on the island. The Carlisle Bay is an all-suite hotel with 88 spacious suites ranging from junior to three bedrooms. This resort also has 2 incredible restaurants, nine tennis courts, a pool, a children’s club, an incredible spa, and a screening room showing movies every evening. Aside from incredible luxury, this resort’s staff outnumbers its guests three to one, earning this hotel recognition for outstanding service.
- The resort is finishing a $40 million dollar renovation leading up to the 2012 ski season, featuring 20 remodled rooms, renovated meeting and restaurant space, new library, and resurfaced pool, hot tubs, and pool deck amongst other updates.
- Located at the base of Aspen Mountain between the gondola and lift 1A, the resort is convenient to Aspen Highlands, Buttermilk, and Snowmass ski areas.
- 179 guestrooms and suites, including two 2,000-square-foot presidential suites.
- Dog friendly rooms available and includes in-room pet beds, dog walking service and more.
- The Resort offers the St. Regis Signature Butler Service which includes packing and unpacking, laundry service, shoe shines, and many other personal assistant services available 24-hours a day.
- Heated outdoor swimming pool with sundeck and three heated outdoor spas.
- A luxurious 15,000-square-foot resort spa with 15 treatment rooms. Remède offers a complete treatment menu in addition to customized facials and massages. Remède Spa at St. Regis Aspen is the flagship spa of a new global spa brand.
- Rated a United States Leading Ski Resort by World Travel Award.
Looking to get inspired for your next getaway? The savvy editors at Fodor's have just released their first-ever list of the world's best hotels. After careful deliberation, the team of Fodor's editors and writers curated the "Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards 2011" spanning eight hotel categories. Here's a sampling of some of our favorites that made the cut.