So maybe you've been through a pretty bad break-up or divorce. Maybe you think that going on vacation alone, while heartbroken, is the worst idea ever, and you'd rather stay home and eat ice cream in your pajamas while watching reality TV. Well, you would be wrong. Enter "The Power of One." Here are some getaway experiences tailored to guests travelling alone or looking to get away from it all and spend some quality time with themselves.
At Aleenta Phuket-Phang Nga, the three-night "Power of One: No More Tears" package offers:
• One Taste: Singles enjoy a gourmet picnic to enjoy solo as they soak in the serenity and solitude of the resort's pristine Natai Beach, with headphones and a special playlist prepared by the resort to create the ultimate soundtrack for letting it out, getting it together, and moving on up.
• One Touch: Experience the Singleton's "I Will Survive" Spa Session, a combination of pampering, massage, relaxation and facial treatments to make you glow with inner confidence and radiant beauty, while Aleenta helps to wash that man right out of your hair.
• One Love: Gets good karma flowing and redirects tainted love towards a worthy cause: marine conservation. Dry those tears and help heal the ocean: Join the Pure Blue Foundation and spend a day doing good deeds at the nearby turtle sanctuary. And in the evening, release a hatchling into the wild in a stirring ceremony.
• One on One: A choice for single guests a choice of a yoga, meditation, or fitness session with your own personal instructor, for some special care and attention.
At sister resort Aleenta Resort and Spa Hua Hin, experience the "Power of One Smash the Blues Getaway." This comprises:
• Sweet Zen Sunday with breakfast in bed, private yoga class followed by a rejuvenating spa treatment (but strictly No Scrubs)
• Wanna Be So High Monday with a paramotor trip soaring above the sparkling seas and organic farmlands of Pranburi and the resort to blow the cobwebs of your past life away. It's the ultimate adrenaline antidote for a lost love.
• Gonna Be Bakin' Tuesday is the time to put all your love and heartache into bread and cake with baking for the broken-hearted. Rise above the pain.
At upscale boutique luxury resort AKARYN Samui Resort & Spa, on secluded Hanuman Bay, singletons can experience the "Power of One Salsa Your Sadness Away," in which a private dance session with a top dance instructor or choreographer will help the broken-hearted dance their sorrows away, while making the first steps to a new confident future.
All single guests availing themselves of any of the Power of One packages would receive a special mix CD during their stay - The AHMS Collection's "Power of One" mix, a musical journey that echoes the trajectory of being dumped, from sadness and pain to denial, anger, catharsis and finally, acceptance, optimism and facing the future with a fresh confidence.
Even if the activities above don't interest you, spending time on the beaches of Phuket, Koh Samui, or Hua Hin sounds like a pretty solid way to mend the most broken of hearts.
View rates, details, and more images of Aleenta Phuket Phang Nga Resort and Spa>>
View rates, details, and more images of Aleenta Resort and Spa Hua Hin>>
View rates, details, and more images of AKARYN Samui Resort & Spa>>
Share this article:
In this sprawling metropolis, Banyan Tree Bangkok stands out as... more >>
Bintan Island, Indonesia
Close By Singapore Lies A Sweep Of Brilliant Indonesian Islands.... more >>
An island paradise of golden sunsets and perfect moments, Phuket... more >>
Siem Reap Province, Cambodia
Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra offers five-star accommodations close... more >>
A proud prominent feature at the heart of Hanoi since 1901, the... more >>