LUXURY HOTEL INSIDER
January 6, 2012
By: Oksana Balytsky
This blog series is for all of the business travelers who are looking for a luxury hotel that is located near the Convention Center of specific cities. We understand that you have places to be, people to meet, and conferences to attend, so we try to make your travels as stress-free and convenient as possible without forgoing luxury. The San Diego Convention Center is our center of focus for this blog post. The following are 5 star hotels located less than a twenty minute walk away from the Convention Center. We’ve listed them in order of proximity, starting with the hotels located a 10 minute walk away to hotels a 16 minute walk away from the Convention Center.
Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego – located 0.5 miles from the Convention Center.
W San Diego – located 0.5 miles from the Convention Center.
Andaz San Diego – located 0.6 miles from the Convention Center.
U.S. Grand Hotel – located 0.6 miles from the Convention Center.
The Westgate Hotel – located 0.6 miles from the Convention Center.
Hotel Palomar San Diego – located 0.7 miles from the Convention Center.
By: Oksana Balytsky
January 4, 2012
By: Five Star Alliance
Known for exhibitions that showcase exceptional art in an unrivaled setting, Bellagio Gallery of Fine Art (BGFA) presents “Claude Monet: Impressions of Light” opening Feb. 18, 2012.
Organized in partnership with the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston (MFA), this landmark exhibition will feature works that illustrate the height of Claude Monet’s engagement with color and light. BGFA will showcase 20 pieces by Monet, the founder of French Impressionist painting, accompanied by eight additional canvases by the master’s predecessors and contemporaries. All of these works are drawn from the MFA, which holds one of the largest collections of paintings by Claude Monet outside of Paris.
“Bellagio Gallery of Fine Art’s mission has always been to present exhibitions that engage and excite lovers of all genres of art, from classical to modern to contemporary,” said BGFA Director Tarissa Tiberti. “Exhibiting Monet and the French Impressionists provides historical background to some of the more contemporary shows we have presented over the last three years.”
Spanning four decades of Monet’s career and featuring many of the artist’s most celebrated and recognized paintings, “Claude Monet: Impressions of Light” will also highlight paintings by other masters of the genre including Jean-Baptiste-Camille Corot, Camille Pissarro and Eugene Louis Boudin. It was from Monet’s collaboration with these painters, along with his solitary explorations of the French countryside, that his own signature style eventually emerged.
After exploring Monet's incredible masterpieces, check into the Bellagio and take in the beauty of the Lake Bellagio, the pristine pools, and the stunning courtyards.
This article information originally appeared on our sister website, Travel Agent Central.
December 21, 2011
By: Five Star Alliance
In the #11 spot, we have the Rosewood Inn of the Anasazi, a charming Santa Fe retreat.
Quick facts about the Rosewood Inn of the Anasazi:
- Every room at the Inn of the Anasazi evokes the creative spirit of the Anasazi people, the Native American tribe that once inhabited much of New Mexico. Handcrafted doors, sculptured stairways and sandstone walls all work together to create an intimate and traditional Pueblo atmosphere.
- Ideally located on Santa Fe Plaza, the hotel is the perfect jumping-off point to explore the unique, cultured charm of the surrounding city.
- Kiva-shaped gas fireplaces, which warm the room to a cozy temperature during the cooler desert nighttime, are featured in every room, along with great four-post beds that even come with a special stepping stool to help release you from an unendingly downy sleep.
- The hotel offers daytrips to the Rocky Mountains and closer skiing at Taos and other local mountains.
- Take a trip through the skies and land at the Canyon de Chelly for a horseback ride led by a Navajo tour guide.
View photos, learn more about the hotel, and check availability at the Rosewood Inn of the Anasazi >>
Be sure to keep up with our countdown as we spotlight a new hotel every day until the New Year!