January 19, 2014
By: Five Star Alliance
In 1934, the Patagonia and Andean region was completely uninhabited territory. In that year, with the creation of the Nahuel Huapi National Park, the construction of a luxury hotel (eventually to become Llao Llao Hotel & Resort, Golf-Spa) began.
The Architect Alejandro Bustillo chose the Puerto Panuelo area for the hotel. In addition to its magnificence and beautiful scenery, the area has a port. Built with cypress logs and larch tile roofing in the Canadian style, the hotel was opened to the public on January 9, 1938. On October 26, 1939 a fire destroyed the building, but it was reopened on December 15, 1940. The hotel closed in 1978, but was re-opened to the public in 1993 under its current name.
View rates, details, and more images of Llao Llao Hotel and Resort >>
Share this article: