The Luxury Hotel Insider
The Luxury Hotel Insider:Exclusive luxury hotel deals, features and special rates from the luxury hotel experts at Five Star Alliance.
Named one of Tripbase's Best Luxury Travel Blogs for 2011, below are Five Star Alliance's newest articles featuring exclusive information on luxury hotels worldwide including special offers and deals at the world's best hotels.
Ignacio Maza, an Executive Vice President at Signature Travel Network, offers the following highlights from one of his "most favorite resorts in Turks and Caicos" - The Gansevoort.
A sleek boutique property unlike any other on the island, Gansevoort Turks + Caicos marries Caribbean cool with urban chic in a way that only New York's hippest hotel mainstay can.
-- Enjoy the modern sophistication Gansevoort is renowned for at Stelle Restaurant, now a Caribbean and Asian Fusion menu. Friday nights also have a DJ so you can party late into the night!
-- For travelers celebrating an anniversary or on their honeymoon, the Ocean Front Terrace studio is always on high demand, with direct ocean views.
-- There are many complimentary activities on property such as a 24 hour fitness center, Hobie cats, kayaks, snorkeling equipment and paddle boards.
-- Guests may also select from a full list of excursions, like sailing and private boat charters to secluded islands and cays, kite boarding, parasailing, golf, tennis, horseback riding, eco tours, local art markets, casinos, world-renowned deep-sea fishing and scuba diving.
Here are Three Boutique Hotel options in New Orleans:
1. The Audubon Cottages provide a historic setting in the French Quarter, with one and two bedroom suites set within seven private cottages. Offering a high level of service, guests have full access to additional amenities at the Dauphine Orleans Hotel including valet parking, fitness center, and continental breakfast. Continue below the photo.
Check rates and availability at the Audubon Cottages >>
2. Set in the French Quarter, the iconic Bourbon Orleans Hotel offers a historic venue that recently underwent a multi-million dollar transformation. Classically furnished, guest rooms are designed for the modern traveler with plush pillowtop beds and walk-in showers. Steps away from Bourbon and Royal Streets, the hotel has a private courtyard with an outdoor pool, plus the Roux on Orleans restaurant. Read more below.
Check rates and availability at the Bourbon Orleans Hotel >>
3. Modern and trendy, the Hotel Le Marais is a chic hotel in the French Quarter. Combining a historic backdrop with contemporary styling, the trendy bar Vive! features signature cocktails, and a chic lounge that opens to a French Quarter courtyard with a heated outdoor pool and lounge space.
Check rates and availability at Hotel Le Marais >>
For the ultimate in luxury, the Private Penthouse Apartment at Hôtel de Charme Les Airelles offers a unique four bedroom residential style setting on the top floor of the castle. Overlooking the snow-topped mountains, the 5,900-square-foot apartment has a private elevator with direct access, and a private en suite spa. Offering a full range of services, Penthouse guests reach the spa by climbing a flight of stairs, past a waterfall, to a relaxing haven with a full bay window sauna, sensory shower, ice fountain, and a jacuzzi overlooking the mountain. Continue reading below the photo.
The main living space has a dining room with a private bar that includes a glass door cellar with fine wines and spirits, plus a living room with a substantial fireplace, lounge area, and home theater. Each of the four bedrooms is equipped with its own bathroom with a walk-in closet, bathtub, and steam shower. Continue reading below the photo.
To top it off, the private apartment has a 1,600-square-foot terrace with unobstructed views of the Courcheval slopes and a jacuzzi. More below the photo.
In addition to the private apartment, the Hôtel de Charme Les Airelles has 37 rooms and 14 suites. Offering a mountainside location, the property offers ski-in/ski-out access, ski valet, ski technician, and a ski room. Spa Cellcosmet offers a variety of services, there are four restaurants, and the bar of Les Airelles offers cozy salons and a smoking room.
Check rates and availability at Hôtel de Charme Les Airelles >>
Combining local style with modern touches, the suite features a color palette of cream and white with wood flooring and elegant lighting. The sea is visibile from the bedroom and sitting rooms, both of which offer plenty of natural lighting. Continue reading below.
The wall-to-wall windows in the living room looking onto the terrace, make the space feel as if it is all one large living area, with indoor and outdoor seating. The 603-square-foot terrace is one of the largest in the area, and is adorned with a large, potted lemon tree, Mediterranean plants, and incomparable sea views. Read more below the photo.
The Belmond Hotel Splendido and Splendido Mare offers a luxurious escape in the Italian Riviera. The Belmond Splendido Mare is located in the heart of Portofino on the iconic Piazzetta, and the Belmond Hotel Splendido is a luxurious retreat suspened on a cliff above the sea. Both offer Italian charm with superior amenities and luxury services.
Check rates and availability at the Belmond Hotel Splendido and Splendido Mare >>
From the bedrooms, guests can lie in a plush bed and look out large picture windows with stunning views of the iconic Eiffel Tower. Surrounded by opulent decor with fine furniture, rare woods, silk, and velvet accents, the sitting room has the same spectacular view, topped off with a piano, striking murals, and special touches. When it's time to relax, the elegant bathrooms have spectacular soaking tubs with mosaic-tiled exteriors, separate showers, towel warmers, and incredible views. Continue reading below.
The Hotel Plaza Athenee recently underwent a subtle renovation that retained it's Parisian charm while upgrading modern amenities and interiors. Situated along the prestigious Avenue Montaigne, the ultra-luxe hotel is in the midst of the finest and most prestigious fashion boutiques and couturiers. Guest rooms and suites are glamorous and elegant, plus there's five restaurants, a chic bar, and The Dior Institute which offers exclusive facials and body treatments.
Check rates and availability at Hotel Plaza Athenee >>
Top amenities at the Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort include:
- The Atabei Spa offering a range of spa treatments and services inspired by the culture and rituals of the island's Arawak people. There's also Health Retreats designed by the PIAI Instute, yoga programs, fitness center, and salon services.
- Tafelberg Tennis Oasis at the resort has four Hydrogrid clay courts, and is rated one of the finest in the Caribbean. Managed by Peter Burwash International, the facilities features open-play, clinics, tournaments, private lessons, and more. Continue reading below the photo.
- The Old Quarry Golf Course is rated as one of Golfweek's Best Courses in the Caribbean & Mexico. The Pete Dye-designed course overlooks the bay known as Spanish Water, and is set on a naturally countoured site. Continue below.
Check rates and availability at Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort >>
Showcasing the finest of Swiss traditions, the hotel's on-site 1844 Chocolat offers exclusive Swiss chocolate creations using a selection of handpicked cocoa varieties. A short stroll from the Paradeplatz financial district and the celebrated shopping street of the Bahnhofstrasse, the elegant property is close to Zurich's landmark destinations, yet removed enough to offer an upscale retreat with views of the Alps. Continue reading below the photo.
The hotel's Le Hall offers a celebrated traditional afternoon tea from October to April, and the Christmas season is particularly festive with a Christmas Tree Lighting celebration, Chalet au Lac with fire tongs punch and mulled wine with Swiss dishes, and the New Year's Eve Ball ends with a fireworks display over the lake.
Five Star Alliance Perk: All guests that book the "Best Available Rate" with Five Star Alliance will receive complimentary breakfast for two at Pavillon, $100 food and beverage credit, fruit amenity, and homemade chocolate from 1844 Chocolat.
Check rates and availability at Baur au Lac >>
Tranformed into a chic boutique hotel in 2012, the property offers guests a modern Art Deco setting with an exclusive location steps away from Hyde Park, Green Park, and Buckingham Palace. Guest rooms combine vintage influences with contemporary styling, including tufted headboards, crown molding, sleek wood furniture, and elegant Art Deco-inspired artwork. Carrara marble bathrooms have walk-in showers, TVs recessed into the mirrors, and exclusive Hermès Eau d’Orange Verte toiletries. Luxurious amenities and modern conveniences include integrated room controls, 24-hour butler service, and Samsung tablets. Plus, the hotel's team is known for it's impeccable knowledge and unparalleled discretion. Continue reading below the photo for our favorite experiences.
Here are five things we love about The Wellesley:
1. Complimentary Rolls-Royce drop-off service within 1.5 miles of the hotel. What better way to start a shopping trip at Harrods, Fortnum & Mason, or Harvey Nichols?
2. The Running Butler. Available during the summer months upon request, the Running Butler tends to runners' every need including waiting with refreshments, homemade protein snacks, or drawing post-run aromatic bubble baths.
3. Live at The Wellesley jazz nights. A unique Knightbridge opportunity to enjoy live Jazz in an Art Deco setting while dining on fine Italian cuisine.
4. The Private Cigar Terrace. Offering inviting leather chairs within a heated outdoor terrace, the hotel offers an extensive cigar collection to please aficionados and novices alike, plus an on-site humidor specialist to guide guests through the process.
5. Magical Christmas Memories. These packages provide guests with special amenities such as Christmas stockings and a full English breakfast. Plus, the hotel offers opulent holiday decor, and a prime location close to Hyde Park's Winter Wonderland, as well as the city's finest boutiques and department stores.
Did we mention that the hotel offers a yacht experience with the same bespoke setting? MY The Wellesley is available for private charters in the Mediterranean during the summer months, and in the Caribbean during the winter. Built in the Netherlands by Oceanco, the yacht's interiors were designed by Dennis Irvine Studios, and feature the 1920s glamour that epitomizes the hotel.
Check rates and availability at The Wellesley >>