LUXURY HOTEL INSIDER
December 16, 2011
By: Christopher Roney
If you're interested in doing a little stargazing this New Year's Eve, Vegas.com has compiled a list of the top ten star-studded New Year’s Eve festivities, in order to help visitors plan their celebrations for the end of 2011. Check out the highlights of the star-studded parties below, and make sure to check out the nearby five-star accommodations in Las Vegas to find a place to come back to once you're done partying in the New Year with some of the world's famous.
1. LAX Nightclub will feature hip-hop artist B.o.B.
2. Stevie Wonder will perform at The Chelsea at the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas.
3. The Bank will begin their celebrations with Grammy-winning artist, Bruno Mars.
4. The Second Annual Old School New Year’s Eve Party will be held at the Las Vegas Hilton. It begins at 9:30 p.m., in the ballroom, and will include music, dancing and a champagne toast.
5. LMFAO will perform at the ARIA nightlife venue, Haze Nightclub.
6. Visitors can attend the New Year’s Eve Bridge Bash at New York-New York Hotel & Casino.
7. Fergie will host the grand opening of 10AK Las Vegas, Mirage’s newest nightclub. The celebration starts at 9 p.m. and will feature the music of DJ Jesse Marco.
8. Chris Brown will be the entertainment at PURE Nightclub, inside Caesars Palace. Guests will also be able to go to the outdoor area to see the fireworks display over the Strip at midnight.
9. Holly Madison, PEEPSHOW starlet, will be the host at the Gallery Nightclub at Planet Hollywood Resort. Everything begins at 10 p.m.
10. Kourtney Kardashian and Scott Disick will both be hosts at Chateau Nightclub & Gardens at Paris on New Year’s Eve.
December 16, 2011
By: Five Star Alliance
In the #16 spot we have the Auberge du Soleil, a lovely terraced boutique hotel in the heart of the Napa wine-country.
Quick facts about the Auberge du Soleil:
- The sophisticated hillside hotel takes advantage of its roots as a fine-dining establishment, and in the eyes of many, the Auberge remains a restaurant first and a hotel second, so high is the quality of its cuisine.
- The mediterranean decor, inspired by the European influences in California's wine-growing, sets apart the Inn of the Sun as the uniquely American experience: A cultural fusion of the best the occidental has to offer.
- Limited to residents of the hotel, the Inn's 7,000 sq. ft. spa is guaranteed to provide a quiet and relaxed atmosphere for innovative and local body and facial treatments.
- Private terraces offer an unparalleled view of the surrounding fields of grapes.
- The hotel is entirely newly renovated and has even launched its own custom-made bath amenities including the softest plush robes and slippers you've ever felt.
View photos, learn more about the hotel, and check availability at the Auberge du Soleil >>
Be sure to keep up with our countdown! In case you missed it, here are our previously featured hotels:
#18 – The Peninsula Chicago
#17 - The Tower Club at Lebua
December 14, 2011
By: Five Star Alliance
In the final days of 2011, Five Star Alliance is counting down the Top 20 Luxury Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, as decided by our guests.
Quick Facts about the The Peninsula Chicago:
- Offers 339 rooms and suites that are decorated in a classical yet contemporary style which can be controlled using state-of-the-art interfaces located within the room.
- The Peninsula Spa was rated one of the top ten urban spas in the country, and houses an indoor pool and spa center that spans the top floors of the hotel, offering a breathtaking view of the city
- The Magnificent Mile is the shopping center of Chicago, with such amazing stores as Saks Fifth Avenue, Neiman Marcus, Tiffany and Co, and numerous other luxury brands.
- Three distinctive restaurants and a bar serve a variety of fine cuisine, including a chocolatier who concocts 25-40 different kinds of confectionary treats a night.
-The hotel offers children's packages that cater to the age of the child and the American Girl store next door.
- With a grand ballroom and six additional meeting spaces totaling over 14,000 sq. ft. of space, The Peninsula is a top-notch space for meetings and galas.
- The Peninsula has received the prestigious AAA Five Diamond Award and Mobil Five Star awards as well as the Forbes 5-star Award for nearly every year since its opening in 2001.
View photos, read more, and check availability at The Peninsula Chicago >>