LUXURY HOTEL INSIDER
October 22, 2016
By: Rachael Weir
Views can make all the difference, and the Eiffel Suites at the Hotel Plaza Athenee take a room with a view to a whole new level. Offering two suite options - one with an Art Deco motif and the other a combination of 18th century glamour meets haute couture, the elegant guest suites provide a luxurious way to enjoy stunning views of Paris. Continue reading below the photo.
From the bedrooms, guests can lie in a plush bed and look out large picture windows with stunning views of the iconic Eiffel Tower. Surrounded by opulent decor with fine furniture, rare woods, silk, and velvet accents, the sitting room has the same spectacular view, topped off with a piano, striking murals, and special touches. When it's time to relax, the elegant bathrooms have spectacular soaking tubs with mosaic-tiled exteriors, separate showers, towel warmers, and incredible views. Continue reading below.
The Hotel Plaza Athenee recently underwent a subtle renovation that retained it's Parisian charm while upgrading modern amenities and interiors. Situated along the prestigious Avenue Montaigne, the ultra-luxe hotel is in the midst of the finest and most prestigious fashion boutiques and couturiers. Guest rooms and suites are glamorous and elegant, plus there's five restaurants, a chic bar, and The Dior Institute which offers exclusive facials and body treatments.
Check rates and availability at Hotel Plaza Athenee >>
October 21, 2016
By: Rachael Weir
Set along 2,000 acres of beachfront property, the Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort is a tropical paradise. Situated within a gated setting on the island of Curacao, the luxury resort offers a spa, tennis, multiple swimming pools, gourmet dining, and golf. The spacious guest rooms and suites have outdoor patios or balconies with sitting areas, large bathrooms with showers and tubs, plus many of the rooms have water views. There's also the ultra-luxe Sea Traditions rooms and suites, with upgraded amenities and services, and situated between the first hole of the resort's Pete Dye-designed golf course and the Caribbean Sea. Continue reading below the photo.
Top amenities at the Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort include:
- The Atabei Spa offering a range of spa treatments and services inspired by the culture and rituals of the island's Arawak people. There's also Health Retreats designed by the PIAI Instute, yoga programs, fitness center, and salon services.
- Tafelberg Tennis Oasis at the resort has four Hydrogrid clay courts, and is rated one of the finest in the Caribbean. Managed by Peter Burwash International, the facilities features open-play, clinics, tournaments, private lessons, and more. Continue reading below the photo.
- The Old Quarry Golf Course is rated as one of Golfweek's Best Courses in the Caribbean & Mexico. The Pete Dye-designed course overlooks the bay known as Spanish Water, and is set on a naturally countoured site. Continue below.
Check rates and availability at Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort >>
October 20, 2016
By: Rachael Weir
Across the street from Hyde Park in a 1920s townhouse, The Wellesley offers an elegant Art Deco setting in the upscale Knightsbridge neighborhood. Beautifully restored, the hotel is named after Sir Arthur Wellesley, the first Duke of Wellington, who served as the Prime Minister twice between 1828 and 1834, and later served as the leader of the House of Lords. The building was originally built by architect Lesley Green as the Hyde Park Corner underground station, and is the former home of Pizza on the Park - an iconic jazz and cabaret venue.
Tranformed into a chic boutique hotel in 2012, the property offers guests a modern Art Deco setting with an exclusive location steps away from Hyde Park, Green Park, and Buckingham Palace. Guest rooms combine vintage influences with contemporary styling, including tufted headboards, crown molding, sleek wood furniture, and elegant Art Deco-inspired artwork. Carrara marble bathrooms have walk-in showers, TVs recessed into the mirrors, and exclusive Hermès Eau d’Orange Verte toiletries. Luxurious amenities and modern conveniences include integrated room controls, 24-hour butler service, and Samsung tablets. Plus, the hotel's team is known for it's impeccable knowledge and unparalleled discretion. Continue reading below the photo for our favorite experiences.
Here are five things we love about The Wellesley:
1. Complimentary Rolls-Royce drop-off service within 1.5 miles of the hotel. What better way to start a shopping trip at Harrods, Fortnum & Mason, or Harvey Nichols?
2. The Running Butler. Available during the summer months upon request, the Running Butler tends to runners' every need including waiting with refreshments, homemade protein snacks, or drawing post-run aromatic bubble baths.
3. Live at The Wellesley jazz nights. A unique Knightbridge opportunity to enjoy live Jazz in an Art Deco setting while dining on fine Italian cuisine.
4. The Private Cigar Terrace. Offering inviting leather chairs within a heated outdoor terrace, the hotel offers an extensive cigar collection to please aficionados and novices alike, plus an on-site humidor specialist to guide guests through the process.
5. Magical Christmas Memories. These packages provide guests with special amenities such as Christmas stockings and a full English breakfast. Plus, the hotel offers opulent holiday decor, and a prime location close to Hyde Park's Winter Wonderland, as well as the city's finest boutiques and department stores.
Did we mention that the hotel offers a yacht experience with the same bespoke setting? MY The Wellesley is available for private charters in the Mediterranean during the summer months, and in the Caribbean during the winter. Built in the Netherlands by Oceanco, the yacht's interiors were designed by Dennis Irvine Studios, and feature the 1920s glamour that epitomizes the hotel.
Check rates and availability at The Wellesley >>