The Luxury Hotel Insider
The Luxury Hotel Insider:Exclusive luxury hotel deals, features and special rates from the luxury hotel experts at Five Star Alliance.
Named one of Tripbase's Best Luxury Travel Blogs for 2011, below are Five Star Alliance's newest articles featuring exclusive information on luxury hotels worldwide including special offers and deals at the world's best hotels.
1. Nolinski Paris - steps away from the Palais Royal Gardens, this boutique hotel opened earlier this year. Set in a Haussmanian Building, the pet-friendly hotel has a spa and brasserie. Five Star Alliance Perk: guests receive a welcome pastry or appetizer, and a smartphone to use during the stay with unlimited international phone calls and internet.
2. Victoria Palace Hotel - set in the 6th arrondissement, steps away from Rue de Rennes, this historic hotel has been a Paris landmark since 1913, the hotel offers understated Left Bank luxury, upscale amenities, and a centralized location with easy access to public transportation. Five Star Alliance Perk: guests making reservations with Five Star Alliance receive complimentary full breakfast for two, 40 Euro bar credit per room, and welcome chocolates.
3. Hotel du Louvre - overlooking the famous Louvre Museum, this historic property was built in 1855. There's the reknowned Brasserie du Louvre on-site, and the Bar offers Napoleon III style with jazz evenings. Five Star Alliance Perk: guests that book with Five Star Alliance receive a complimentary welcome cocktail.
4. La Tremoille - nestled along a quiet street in the heart of the Golden Triangle, combines a Haussman-era building with contemporary styling, for a modern retreat close to the Champs-Elysees, Georges V Avenue, and Montaigne Avenue. Five Star Alliance Perk: guests that book with Five Star Alliance receive a complimentary box of Laduree Macaroons.
5. Hotel Pont Royal - in the heart of Saint Germain des Pres, close to Cafe de Flore and the Musee d'Orsay, the hotel offers original painintgs by Beaux Arts students, Parisian views, and L' Atelier de Joel Robuchon with new French cuisine. Five Star Alliance Perk: guests making reservations with Five Star Alliance receive daily buffet breakfast for two, WiFi and on-demand video, plus a 30 Euro beverage credit.
Here are Three Boutique Hotel options in New Orleans:
1. The Audubon Cottages provide a historic setting in the French Quarter, with one and two bedroom suites set within seven private cottages. Offering a high level of service, guests have full access to additional amenities at the Dauphine Orleans Hotel including valet parking, fitness center, and continental breakfast. Continue below the photo.
Check rates and availability at the Audubon Cottages >>
2. Set in the French Quarter, the iconic Bourbon Orleans Hotel offers a historic venue that recently underwent a multi-million dollar transformation. Classically furnished, guest rooms are designed for the modern traveler with plush pillowtop beds and walk-in showers. Steps away from Bourbon and Royal Streets, the hotel has a private courtyard with an outdoor pool, plus the Roux on Orleans restaurant. Read more below.
Check rates and availability at the Bourbon Orleans Hotel >>
3. Modern and trendy, the Hotel Le Marais is a chic hotel in the French Quarter. Combining a historic backdrop with contemporary styling, the trendy bar Vive! features signature cocktails, and a chic lounge that opens to a French Quarter courtyard with a heated outdoor pool and lounge space.
Check rates and availability at Hotel Le Marais >>
For the ultimate in luxury, the Private Penthouse Apartment at Hôtel de Charme Les Airelles offers a unique four bedroom residential style setting on the top floor of the castle. Overlooking the snow-topped mountains, the 5,900-square-foot apartment has a private elevator with direct access, and a private en suite spa. Offering a full range of services, Penthouse guests reach the spa by climbing a flight of stairs, past a waterfall, to a relaxing haven with a full bay window sauna, sensory shower, ice fountain, and a jacuzzi overlooking the mountain. Continue reading below the photo.
The main living space has a dining room with a private bar that includes a glass door cellar with fine wines and spirits, plus a living room with a substantial fireplace, lounge area, and home theater. Each of the four bedrooms is equipped with its own bathroom with a walk-in closet, bathtub, and steam shower. Continue reading below the photo.
To top it off, the private apartment has a 1,600-square-foot terrace with unobstructed views of the Courcheval slopes and a jacuzzi. More below the photo.
In addition to the private apartment, the Hôtel de Charme Les Airelles has 37 rooms and 14 suites. Offering a mountainside location, the property offers ski-in/ski-out access, ski valet, ski technician, and a ski room. Spa Cellcosmet offers a variety of services, there are four restaurants, and the bar of Les Airelles offers cozy salons and a smoking room.
Check rates and availability at Hôtel de Charme Les Airelles >>
Offered daily by the resort fire pits from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m., the Après-Ski Champagne Experience* features a raw bar with chef-prepared favorites including ceviche and oysters on the half shell, and Moët & Chandon Ice Impérial. The Après Yoga & Strech combines gentle movements to rejuvenate tired muscles for a day on the slopes, and the Après-Ski Recovery spa treatment is a tension relief-focused treatment for aching muscles that includes the Arnica Turmeric Joint formulas a take home gift. Continue reading below.
The Winter Stargazing Snowshoe Tour* is led by local star guide and poet, Tony Berendsen. Offered December 21, December 28, January 14, and February 11, guests are taken on a winter starry night snowshoe tour that includes a laser tour of constellations, telescopic viewing, educational presentation, space quiz for prizes, and a poetry reading. For families, the Winter Scavenger Hunt encourages young travelers to use a map to find hidden objects and win prizes. There's also the Where is the Bear? hide-and-seek program held daily in the living room, as well as special Ritz Kidz winter offerings. Read more below.
The Winter Vintner Dinner Series includes a four-course meal highlighting Northern California wineries, and will be held on January 12, February 9, and March 9. The resort's signature restaurant, Manzanita will also offer Sunday Brunch, plus a Skier's Lunch Buffet will be offered daily from December 19 to January 7, and on Saturdays throughout the winter season. Continue below.
Check rates and availability at The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe >>
*Please note dates and offers were provided by The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe and are subject to change at any time.
Recently refreshed guest rooms at The Mandarin Oriental Washington are available for January 18-22 or January 17-21, with rates starting at $1095.*
Suites are available for $1399* per night at The Dupont Circle Hotel, arriving on the 18th and departing on the 20th.
In addition, at the time this article was created, there was availability at the following hotels:
Fairmont Washington D.C. - situated in the West End, about 8 blocks from the White House.
Hotel Monaco Washington D.C. - set in Penn Quarter close to the Convention Center and Verizon Center.
Hotel Palomar Washington D.C. - located one block from Dupont Circle, Embassy Row, and the Phillips Gallery.
The Mayflower Renaissance Washington D.C. - four blocks from the White House, and a member of Historic Hotels of America.
Check out our Best Inauguration Hotels List >>
*Pricing and availability subject to change prior to the completion of a hotel reservation with confirmation number.
One of the suite's finest amenities is the master bathroom. Featuring floor-to-ceiling windows with striking views of Luna Park, Sydney Harbour Bridge, and the Opera House, the modern soaking tub provides the ultimate spot to relax and soak in views of the city. Continue reading below the photo.
The Pier One Sydney Harbour is nestled along the Sydney Harbour Bridge, and blends Federation-style architecture with contemporary design. Guest rooms and suite have a nautical theme, accented by original timber and ironwork. The high end boutique hotel offers a unique setting in the heart of The Rocks, with historic dining and entertainment options nearby. Plus, the on-site Gantry Restaurant and Bar, wellness offerings, and in-room massage services.
Check rates and availability at the Pier One Sydney Harbour >>
Founded by William Penn in 1682, this city played a key role in the founding of the country. During the American Revolution, Philadelphia was a meeting place for the Founding Fathers of the United States. Within Independence Hall, the country's founders debated and ultimately signed the Declaration of Independence (1776) and the Constitution (1787). Today, the Independence National Historic Park provides a hands-on history lesson, where visitors can see the Liberty Bell, as well as tour Independence Hall and the Benjamin Franklin Museum. Read more below.
Tip: Spend the night across the street from the National Historic Park at the Hotel Monaco Philadelphia. Set within the Lafayette Building built in 1906, the boutique hotel offers iconic views, rooftop lounge overlooking Independence Mall, and a chef-driven restaurant.
Check rates and availability at the Hotel Monaco Philadelphia
"One if by land, two if by sea..."
One of the oldest cities in the U.S., Boston was the site of key events during the American Revolution, including the Boston Massacre, Boston Tea Party, and the Battle of Bunker Hill. From the east side balcony of the Old State House, the Declaration of Independence was proclaimed to cheering crowds by Colonel Thomas Crafts on July 18, 1776. Continue reading below the photo.
Tip: Wake up to views of the Old State House at the Ames Boston Hotel. This boutique hotel combines a historic building with Romanesque arched windows and fireplaces, with modern design. Along the Freedom Trail, guest rooms have white marble rainshowers, hardwood floors, and large windows with historic views.
Check rates and availability at the Ames Boston Hotel
3. Washington, D.C.
The nation's capital city, there's a political point of interest on nearly every corner (or so it seems). From the White House lawn to the majestic National Monument, there are captivating points of interest. Spend the day exploring the Smithsonian Museums, take a tour of the U.S. Capitol Building, or discover the iconic Lincoln, Washington, Jefferson, and veterans memorials. Continue below.
Tip: The Hay-Adams Hotel offers views of the White House and St. John's Church. Built in the 1920s as a residential hotel, the boutique property offers the feel of a private residence, directly on Lafayette Square. In the evenings, retire for a cocktail at the Off the Record Bar, a popular place to be seen (but not heard) by politicos and visitors alike.
Check rates and availability at the Hay-Adams Hotel
The Umstead Hotel and Spa is a singular, sophisticated triumph in North Carolina's northeastern Piedmont region, an area rich in beauty and rooted in innovation. Read more below the photos.
The state's most highly rated hotel, it boasts stunning interiors punctuated with privately curated fine art, 150 spacious guest rooms and suites, creative, locally sourced cuisine, a stimulating spa, state-of-the-art meeting spaces, gracious staff, and a serene woodland setting. The Umstead is a recipient of both the AAA Five Diamond award and Forbes Five Star rating.
Check rates and availability at the Umstead Hotel and Spa >>
*The content of this article was provided by the Umstead Hotel and Spa. Rates and offers are subject to change.
Combining local style with modern touches, the suite features a color palette of cream and white with wood flooring and elegant lighting. The sea is visibile from the bedroom and sitting rooms, both of which offer plenty of natural lighting. Continue reading below.
The wall-to-wall windows in the living room looking onto the terrace, make the space feel as if it is all one large living area, with indoor and outdoor seating. The 603-square-foot terrace is one of the largest in the area, and is adorned with a large, potted lemon tree, Mediterranean plants, and incomparable sea views. Read more below the photo.
The Belmond Hotel Splendido and Splendido Mare offers a luxurious escape in the Italian Riviera. The Belmond Splendido Mare is located in the heart of Portofino on the iconic Piazzetta, and the Belmond Hotel Splendido is a luxurious retreat suspened on a cliff above the sea. Both offer Italian charm with superior amenities and luxury services.
Check rates and availability at the Belmond Hotel Splendido and Splendido Mare >>