LUXURY HOTEL INSIDER
Anyone paying a visit to the Conch Republic should check into Pier House Resort and Spa. Nearly all the most popular attractions in the Florida Keys are just a short sunny stroll from this waterfront hotel.
Here's just a few ideas of what to see and do in Key West
- Earnest Hemingway House. See where the famed author wrote some of his greatest stories, home today to over 40 cats, many 6-toed descendents of Papa's own Snowball.
- Sloppy Joe's Key West. The rich history of this bar traces back to the day after Prohibition ended - and before - as the original owner ran speakeasies across town.
- Fort Jefferson and Dry Tortugas National Park: Secluded in the scenic Dry Tortugas, a group of islands off the coast of Key West, this historic fort is the largest brick structure in the Americas.
- Hog's Breath Saloon. Known for its rich live music scene every day and night, Hog's Breath Saloon has a devoted following of "Hog Heads" across the globe.
- Key West Aquarium. Both a piece of history and modern hands-on facility, Key West Aquarium was one of the first in Florida when it was built in the 1930s.
- Sunset Celebration at Mallory Square. Join all of Key West for the daily Sunset Celebration, as Mallory Square fills with performers, musicians and magicians, 2 hours before sundown.
- Fort Zachary Taylor. A 54-acre recreational Florida State Park and home to Fort Taylor, this picturesque part of Key West beckons sightseers, cyclists, and snorkelers.
- Harry S. Truman Little White House. President Truman spent 175 winter days of his presidency here, inspired by the sprawling estate, pristine architecture, and the Florida sun.
- Red Barn Theatre. Dating back to 1829, this historic building was originally a carriage house, until local players turned it into an intimate 88-seat theater.
- Danger Charters Keywest. With the best-rated Sunset Sail in the state for 3 years running, Danger Charters is also famous for its impressive “Skipjack” replica Schooners.
- Sunset Watersports Florida. The oldest and largest tour group in Key West, Sunset Watersports offers regular discounts on parasailing, snorkeling, and a "Do-it-All" package.
Book your stay at Pier House Resort and Spa >>
Suites at Belmond El Encanto feature a large separate living room with beautiful French doors, which lead into a grand private bedroom. Choose between a warming open-hearth fireplace or a patio with stunning garden or ocean views.
Book a stay at Belmond El Encanto >>
Le Mirador Kempinski Lake Geneva offers a swimming pool with panoramic views of Lake Geneva and the Vevey region.
Book a stay at Le Mirador Kempinski Lake Geneva >>
London Luxury Hotel's bars have stepped up their game. The proof is in the latest rankings from Drinks International’s annual competition, The World's 50 Best Bars, which were released last week. Artesian (pictured left) at The Langham London has captured the top spot for the fourth year running. The chic and glamorous bar specializes in stirring and shaking up classic cocktails and creating innovative cocktails. American Bar at The Savoy London took 5th place, and the hotel's Beaufort Bar was 27th. The London luxury hotel The Connaught's bar took 9th. Rounding out the Londonhotel bars represented on the list is Dandelyan, found at Mondrian London.
Other luxury hotels that had winners on the list are NYC's The Nomad Hotel, whose Elephant Bar was 24th. Lobster Bar at Island Shangri-La Hong Kong came in 18th, and The Regent Singapore's Manhattan Bar was 25th.
Cheers to all the winners!
A masterpiece of modern cuisine, Baccarat Hotel’s Chevalier is poised to change the face of New York’s dining scene. Named after one of Baccarat's most beloved creative directors, Chevalier highlights the talents of Michelin-starred Executive Chef Shea Gallante and celebrated interior designer Stephen Sills. Accessed through its own street-level entrance, Chevalier will enchant hotel guests, residents, and locals with a sophisticated dining experience offering Brasserie de Luxe in a contemporary French setting. For a truly remarkable evening, take a seat at the 14-person Chef’s Table, La Cour.
Book a table at Baccarat Hotel New York >>
The Wynn Las Vegas’ outdoor dining options include a cafe out on the patio to enjoy or a restaurant that overlooks their world class golf course.
Book a stay at Wynn Las Vegas >>
The Rooftop Pool Deck at 1 Hotel South Beach lets you take a break from the vibrant energy of Miami.
Relax in the cabanas with built-in champagne buckets. You’ll enjoy the tranquility and feel comfortable
knowing that the area is adults-only.
Book a stay at 1 Hotel South Beach >>
Whether in pursuit of business or pleasure or a little bit of both, guests can enjoy swimming all
year round in two of the largest outdoor freshwater and seawater pools at Le Meridien Limassol Spa and Resort.
Book a stay at Le Meridien Limassol Spa and Resort>>
November 15, 2015
By: Five Star Alliance
Boasting exquisite fine Italian dining alongside delicious dishes and bespoke cocktails Mandarin Oriental Milan caters to both hotel guests and the city's discerning style crowd.
Book a stay at Mandarin Oriental Milan >>
November 13, 2015
By: Five Star Alliance
Suites and rooms at Raffles Istanbul feature a designed inspired by an idea termed The Dream of Istanbul. With They feature full marble double vanity bathrooms with separate bathtub and shower.
Book a stay at Raffles Istanbul >>