The Luxury Hotel Insider
The Luxury Hotel Insider:Exclusive luxury hotel deals, features and special rates from the luxury hotel experts at Five Star Alliance.
Named one of Tripbase's Best Luxury Travel Blogs for 2011, below are Five Star Alliance's newest articles featuring exclusive information on luxury hotels worldwide including special offers and deals at the world's best hotels.
1. Nolinski Paris - steps away from the Palais Royal Gardens, this boutique hotel opened earlier this year. Set in a Haussmanian Building, the pet-friendly hotel has a spa and brasserie. Five Star Alliance Perk: guests receive a welcome pastry or appetizer, and a smartphone to use during the stay with unlimited international phone calls and internet.
2. Victoria Palace Hotel - set in the 6th arrondissement, steps away from Rue de Rennes, this historic hotel has been a Paris landmark since 1913, the hotel offers understated Left Bank luxury, upscale amenities, and a centralized location with easy access to public transportation. Five Star Alliance Perk: guests making reservations with Five Star Alliance receive complimentary full breakfast for two, 40 Euro bar credit per room, and welcome chocolates.
3. Hotel du Louvre - overlooking the famous Louvre Museum, this historic property was built in 1855. There's the reknowned Brasserie du Louvre on-site, and the Bar offers Napoleon III style with jazz evenings. Five Star Alliance Perk: guests that book with Five Star Alliance receive a complimentary welcome cocktail.
4. La Tremoille - nestled along a quiet street in the heart of the Golden Triangle, combines a Haussman-era building with contemporary styling, for a modern retreat close to the Champs-Elysees, Georges V Avenue, and Montaigne Avenue. Five Star Alliance Perk: guests that book with Five Star Alliance receive a complimentary box of Laduree Macaroons.
5. Hotel Pont Royal - in the heart of Saint Germain des Pres, close to Cafe de Flore and the Musee d'Orsay, the hotel offers original painintgs by Beaux Arts students, Parisian views, and L' Atelier de Joel Robuchon with new French cuisine. Five Star Alliance Perk: guests making reservations with Five Star Alliance receive daily buffet breakfast for two, WiFi and on-demand video, plus a 30 Euro beverage credit.
In the United States, election day, November 8th, is almost upon us. "The election is on everyone's minds, and hotels are using the event as a clever marketing tool to bring in business," said Ignacio Maza, the executive vice president of the Signature Travel Network.
The NY Times Travel Section posted an article last week highlighting Election Themed Hotel Packages.
Some of our favorites are highlighted below.
In Washington, DC, The Dupont Circle Hotel located directly on the historic circle is offering Slice of the City: Your Vote, Your Stay through January 21st. Cast your vote by picking your political party.
The Republican Party Experience offers:
- 2 hand rolled cigars from W. Curtis Draper Tobacconist - Ulysses S. Grant's favorite pastime.
- A Theodore Roosevelt teddy bear to greet you in your room and a take-home gift.
- A dozen oysters and beer at Bar Dupont - Abraham Lincoln's favorite food.
- A $150 gift card to Brooks Brothers -where Abraham Lincoln had all of his suits made.
- A Round of golf for two at a local course with transportation - Dwight D. Eisenhower's favorite pastime.
-A take-home gift of "Knute Rockne-All American" movie and bag of jelly beans as your movie snack – the movie Ronald Reagan is best known for and of course, his favorite candy.
The Democratic Party Experience offers:
- A $150 gift card to Brooks Brothers for bright shirts and bowties - as Harry S. Truman loved to wear.
- Two tickets to The Spy Museum to enjoy the James Bond exhibition - John F. Kennedy's favorite movie series.
- Lunch for two at Bar Dupont - Savor a cheeseburger – an old Bill Clinton favorite or, to keep it healthy like modern day Bill Clinton, enjoy the Superfood Salad.
- Private tour of the Verizon Center to see the Wizards locker room, back stage, and the best views in the house - Barak Obama played basketball growing up and still plays on The White House's own courts.
- A take home gift of “Casablanca”, Barak Obama's favorite movie.
Both packages include:
- Luxurious accommodation.
- Presidential puzzles for some in-room entertainment, John F. Kennedy or Franklin Delano Roosevelt.
In-room books: Team of Tivals by Doris Kearns Goodwin, John Quincy Adams; Militant Spirit by James Traub, Theodore Roosevelt in the Field by Michael R. Canfield, JFK and LBJ; The last Two Great Presidents by Godfrey Hodgson, and The American President; From Teddy Roosevelt to Bill Clinton by William E. Leuchtenburg.
- Political Collection Chocolates by Harper Macaw.
Cast Your Vote Now!
In Boston, the Hotel Commonwealth will help you avoid the election coverage with the Election Escape Package. The package includes an overnight stay for two, all television news channels in the room will be completely blocked, and all election/news sections will be removed from your daily newspaper. The hotel recommends upgrading to the Reading Suite so you can read anything else your heart desires. The serene suite features a curated collection of titles signed by the authors & a cozy reading nook (aka the respite your political brain craves).
Plan Your Escape Now!
Showcasing the finest of Swiss traditions, the hotel's on-site 1844 Chocolat offers exclusive Swiss chocolate creations using a selection of handpicked cocoa varieties. A short stroll from the Paradeplatz financial district and the celebrated shopping street of the Bahnhofstrasse, the elegant property is close to Zurich's landmark destinations, yet removed enough to offer an upscale retreat with views of the Alps. Continue reading below the photo.
The hotel's Le Hall offers a celebrated traditional afternoon tea from October to April, and the Christmas season is particularly festive with a Christmas Tree Lighting celebration, Chalet au Lac with fire tongs punch and mulled wine with Swiss dishes, and the New Year's Eve Ball ends with a fireworks display over the lake.
Five Star Alliance Perk: All guests that book the "Best Available Rate" with Five Star Alliance will receive complimentary breakfast for two at Pavillon, $100 food and beverage credit, fruit amenity, and homemade chocolate from 1844 Chocolat.
Check rates and availability at Baur au Lac >>
Five Star Alliance Perk Alert: All guests making reservations with Five Star Alliance (excluding the standard room category), receive a $100 USD food and beverage credit per room and VIP status. Plus, based on availability at check-in: room upgrades, early check-in, and late check-out.
Check rates and availability at Hotel Continental Oslo >>
Five Star Alliance Perk: All Five Star Alliance guests reserving the "Best Available Bed & Breakfast Rate" will receive full Irish breakfast for two daily, 85 Euro food and beverage credit, complimentary green fees, and VIP status. In addition, based on availability at check-in, room upgrades, early check-in, and late check-out.
Click here for rates and availability at Ashford Castle
Here are three of our favorite experiences:
1. Landing on the resort's airstrip in a private chartered aircraft. No need to ask for directions, or find the taxi line, arriving steps from the resort in a private plane is the way to go. Plus, the view is pretty amazing.
2. Horseback riding along the Santa Maria trail to Rio Calientillo. Departing from the equestrian center, guests can schedule a unique adventure that includes a traditional Costa Rican farmer's meal wrapped in banana leaves, and served with aqua sapo.
3. Touring a coffee plantation. Learning about the sustainable planting and harvesting of organic coffee in one of the world's premiere coffee growing countries gives visitors a new appreciation for their morning cup of coffee. Continue reading below the photo.
Five Star Alliance Perk: All guests that book through Five Star Alliance get a $100 USD resort credit, 10% discount at the Auberge Spa, welcome fruit basket, and VIP status. Also, based on availability at check-in, room upgrades, early check-in, and late check-out.
Check rates and availability at Hacienda AltaGracia >>
Set directly on the Sea of Cortez, the JW Marriott Los Cabos Beach Resort & Spa, is a family-friendly resort offering 10 pools, fine dining, kids and teens clubs, plus direct access to the Puerto Los Cabos Golf Club with a Jack Nicklaus and Greg Norman-designed course. The beachfront property also has 6,560-square-foot spa with indoor pools, hydrotherapy circuits, and an ancient pre-Hispanic Temazcal. In addition, the property is offering all-inclusive vacation packages, starting at $399.00* per person. Continue reading below the photo.
The JW Luxury All-Inclusive Vacation Experience Includes:
￼- Buffet breakfast at the Uá Culinary Artisans from 7 am to 11am
- Lunch at Uá Culinary Artisans or Nak Grill & Bar from 12 pm to 3 pm
- Dinner at Uá Culinary Artisans or Nak Grill & Bar from 6 pm to 10 pm or (*) Dinner at Café des Artistes with special tasting menu from 6 pm to 11.00 pm from Tuesday thru Sunday, reservation is required
- Room Service, $10.00 USD service fee per delivery applies
- Lobster and Prime Cuts will have a surcharge of $15.00 USD
- Unlimited drinks, beer, house wine by the glass, from our house standard bar and all non-alcoholic beverages from 11 am to 11 pm
- Access to the Nayaa-Kot Kids Club for children from 4 to 12 years old
- 20% discount on internet connectivity
- 15% discount on Jasha Spa treatments, reservations required
- Includes all taxes & service charges
Please note: 3-Night minimum stay required. For individual reservations only, does not apply for group bookings. You may upgrade your vacation experience to the Premium Level for only $120.00 USD per per, per day, including taxes and service fees. Every person in the room must be on the JWLAIVE for all nights of stay rates displayed are for 2 adults only per room Children under 12 years old have an additional charge of $80.00 USD per day. Children from 13 - 17 years old have an additional charge of $120.00 USD per day. Extra Person over 18 years old has an additional charge of $185.00 USD per day. Foods from the Niparaya JW Bar, any items from the Auka Deli Shop, in-room movies & in-room gourmet bar along with laundry service and any other services not specifically mentioned, are not included.
Click here to visit the JW Marriott Los Cabos >>
*The content of this article was provided by the JW Marriott Los Cabos. Rates and offers are subject to change.
Five Star Alliance Perk: All guests making reservations with Five Star Alliance receive daily breakfast for two at the Cliff at Cap Restaurant, lunch for two once during stay, VIP status, and guests staying 4 or more nights get a $100 resort credit per room. Subject to availability, room upgrades, early check-in, and late check-out.
Check rates and availability at Cap Maison Resort and Spa >>