March 5, 2012
By: Oksana Balytsky
Aside from providing luxury travelers with an easy way to compare and make hotel reservations, we at Five Star Alliance love offering our clients a little something extra to show our appreciation and commitment to excellence. Check in with our blog series to check out our featured hotels that are offering special packages, rates, or extra amenities for Five Star Alliance clients!
Today’s feature is the Viceroy Bali, located 5 minutes from Ubud, the heart of Bali, famous for its artistic community, traditional dance ceremonies, and rural vistas. This luxury hotel is currently offering special Five Star Alliance rates that are $25 off the Best Available Rates through the end of 2012! All of the villas at Viceroy Bali feature a private pool with spectacular views over the Petanu River gorge and the tropical forest, and all of the villas have a European flair with Balinese furnishings. The incredible French Restaurant, Cascades has an extensive wine cellar and cocktail bar along with breathtaking and unrivaled views of the surrounding area. Don’t pass up these incredible rates and make your reservations today!
February 27, 2012
By: Oksana Balytsky
Le Burgundy Paris is a 5-star boutique hotel located where the rue Duphot meets the rue Saint-Honore, in the Golden Triangle of Champs Elysees-Madeline-Opera. This historic property was built in 1800, remodeled in 2010, and has 59 luxurious rooms including 8 suites. Aside from inspirational architecture, a phenomenal restaurant offering delectable cuisine, and a relaxing spa, Le Burgundy Paris is also currently offering a special Five Star Alliance package, providing the perfect reason to make your travel plans today!
The Five Star Alliance Package provides the perfect way to pamper yourself for 1 hour and 30 minutes with a facial or body care option for ultimate relaxation. This package is available for 1 person and is not valid with groups or conventions. Take advantage of this incredible package and treat yourself to a much needed and deserving escape from it all!
February 21, 2012
By: Christopher Roney
In celebration of Miami being crowned the country's Vainest City, the Sagamore is offering a special We're Sexy and We Know It package, so you to can join in on some well-deserved self-aggrandizement. The Living Social poll, which used highly rigorous scientific methods and also math, reports that Miami citizens consider themselves to be the most attractive people. Now it could be that in strange confluence of events, all the hot people in the US have decided to get together and hang out and have incredibly good-looking parties and super sexy bake sales, but it's more likely, and Living Social agrees, that Miami is just a land of high opinions.
Since we could all use a little self-esteem boost now and then, the Sagamore's offer is the perfect way to get in on the action. Why else would we go to one of the best 5-star beachfront properties if not to feel like we're a star? And with this kind of deal, you can't go wrong. With this package, you'll get
- Hair-styling and a scalp massage for two at the Muse Beauty Suite
- Two "Sexy on the Beach" cocktails
- 10% discount on your accommodations
- 1:00pm late checkout for an extra chance to relax
Book at the Sagamore today to show the world just how sexy you are.
February 16, 2012
By: Oksana Balytsky
The Royal Palms Hotel and Spa is a beautiful resort located at the base of Camelback Mountain, and it currently has a few amazing packages and deals going on too good to pass up! With 117 beautiful guestrooms and casitas, this hotel is the perfect romantic hideaway with palm trees, lush gardens, and the perfect location just minutes from the shopping, galleries, and golf attractions in Phoenix. Check out the incredible rates and packages they’re offering for an exciting escape from the norm.
These room types are located in the resort’s Valencia gardens, and they feature views of the Camelback Mountain and/or the orange groves. These rooms have a patio, four poster king bed, and many have a fireplace.
These room types have an intimate courtyard setting, grand master bedroom, walk-in shower, and a soaking tub. Each is individually designed with custom furnishings and many have a fireplace.
These room types overlook the courtyard and some offer breathtaking views of Camelback Mountain from the patio or balcony. The master bedroom offers a large deep soaking tub and an elegant walk-in shower.
Royal Romance Package
This is the perfect package for a couple searching for a little romance regardless of the occasion. Whether it’s a birthday, anniversary, or simply a weekend escape, treat yourselves to an elegant and beautiful weekend away. This package includes 1 night of luxurious accommodations, dinner for two at T. Cook’s restaurant ($100 credit, tax and gratuity not included), rose petal turndown set up in your guestroom, a special Tuscan welcome amenity, and resort fee.
Royal Experience Package
This package includes 2 nights of luxurious accommodations, dinner for two in T. Cook’s restaurant ($100 credit, tax and gratuity not included), 2 Alvadora Spa treatments, and resort fee.
February 3, 2012
By: Oksana Balytsky
The Langham Huntington Hotel and Spa Pasadena is situated at the base of the San Gabriel Mountains in beautiful Pasadena, California. Its elegance and award-winning service have made this hotel a southern California landmark. It is the only AAA Five Diamond hotel in the area and has a spa recognized as one of North America’s Top 10. Its luxurious accommodations, incredible spa, and outdoor heated pool all make this hotel a phenomenal choice for a Valentine’s Day getaway. And with the following incredible packages available in February, it’s hard to say no to the Langham Huntington Hotel and Spa Pasadena.
Linger Longer for Less
Stay longer and get rewarded for it! Stay 2 nights and get 10% of the best available rate, stay 3 nights and get 15% off the best available rate and continental breakfast for 2, stay 4 nights and receive 15% off the best available rate, continental breakfast for 2, and in-room internet, stay 5 or more nights and receive 15% off the best available rate, continental breakfast for 2, in-room internet, and an upgrade to the next room category (based upon availability at check-in).
Valid for stays through February 29th, 2012, subject to availability, and not valid for groups.
Great Getaway Package
This package includes overnight accommodations, continental breakfast for 2 in the Terrace, and valet parking.
Subject to availability and not valid for groups.
Experience the Arts Package
Enjoy the arts and culture in luxury while staying at the Langham. This package includes overnight accommodations, 2 VIP Museum passes valid at more than 18 Institutions in the Los Angeles Area ($250 value), valet parking, and complimentary shuttle services to museums in Pasadena.
Valid until March 28th, 2012, subject to availability, and not valid for groups.
Grand Romance Package
Enjoy Valentine’s Day in style with this package which includes overnight accommodations, rose petal turndown, breakfast in bed, and valet parking.
Valid in February 2012, subject to availability, and not valid for groups.
January 31, 2012
By: Christopher Roney
When Confucius declared the five pillars of filial piety, he hardly could have anticipated the sixth relationship that matters above all else, the one of blogger to his readers. In honor of that lasting bond, I have come bearing gifts to solidify our friendship. I hope you like them; I was going to make you a papier mache model of the Burj Al Arab, but my crafting abilities are on par with a baby elephant's, and I don't even have a prehensile trunk.
So instead, I'm happy to declare that Five Star Alliance have partnered with the Ritz Paris and the Carlyle in New York to bring you special amenities with reservations made under the Five Star Alliance rate. For a limited time, the Ritz Paris is offering free champagne with FSA reservations. The saccharine taste of bubbly effervescence is the perfect way to sweeten an already great deal for a hotel in the heart of the city of bread, wine, love, and cheese. And it's the perfect time to catch this Parisian gem before it goes off the radar for an extensive renovation.
If New York is a little bit more your style, the Carlyle is looking to show off its exquisite Rosewood Spa by offering FSA guests a $50 spa credit. Simply select the "Welcome Offer" rate code, and you'll be well on your way to enjoy a sumptuous soak in one of New York's finest spas. And don't forget that if you're friend of Five Star Alliance on Facebook by the beginning of March, you could win two nights at the Carlyle for free.
January 20, 2012
By: Oksana Balytsky
The Peninsula New York is offering a few special rates and packages perfect for brides-to-be, families, business travelers, and folks looking to get the best value from their luxurious stay. The Peninsula New York is centrally located on Fifth Avenue and 55th Street, in the heart of New York City’s shopping, business, and cultural neighborhood. It’s a 23 story, 1905 landmark building that offers 185 rooms and 54 suites all of which combine modern accents with world class elegance.
All of the rooms are designed to fit the needs of business travelers and come equipped with state-of-the-art technology. The newest edition to this luxury hotel is the Peninsula Spa, a 35,000 square feet facility including 12 treatment rooms, glass-enclosed pool, fitness center, and outdoor sun deck. The bars and restaurants at the Peninsula New York draw in an extensive crowd, and the Salon de Ning Rooftop Bar & Terrace is a popular spot that offers sweeping views of New York City.
Whether you’re planning a wedding, a family vacation, a business trip, or a weekend getaway, the Peninsula New York certainly has the perfect package for you!
Stylish Bridal Package
This is the perfect package for a bride-to-be shopping for her wedding dress and seeking a personalized experience. Enjoy a relaxing stay at the Peninsula New York and a day and a half of shopping in the ‘bridal fashion capital of the world’ with a renowned bridal stylist, Julie Sabatino. This package includes accommodations for two people for two nights, one and a half days shopping with Julie Sabatino in a private sedan, a welcome cupcake and a ‘Bridal Shopping Tote by the Stylish Bride,’ one bottle of champagne to enjoy at the Salon de Ning rooftop bar, and two 60-minute massages at the Peninsula Spa.
This offer is valid through December 31st, 2012, and the following terms and conditions apply. This package is subject to availability and must be confirmed with the hotel. Hotel reserves the right to offer alternative value-added benefit should the request not be available. Rates are seasonal and subject to service charge and local government tax, per room per night, and based on single or double occupancy. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotions and is not valid for groups. Advance reservations are required and black-out dates may apply. In case of dispute, the hotel reserves the right to make the final decision. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Family Retreat Package
The family retreat includes complimentary dining for children 10 years and younger, from the kid’s menu at Fives Restaurant and room service, daily continental breakfast for two adults, one complimentary movie through the hotel’s in-room entertainment system, and child-friendly welcome amenity and Peninsula robe and slippers.
This offer is valid from January 1st, 2012 until March 31st, 2012. Valid only for Thursday, Friday, or Saturday arrival, the rate is subject to availability and black-out dates may apply. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotions and is not valid for groups. In case of any dispute, the hotel reserves the right to make the final decision. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
More Time Package
This package allows you to stay 2 nights, and enjoy a complimentary third night!
This offer is valid from January 1st, 2012 until March 31st, 2012 and requires a minimum stay of 3 consecutive nights. Rates are subject to service charge and local government tax, per room per night, and based on single or double occupancy. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotions and is not valid for groups. Advance reservations are required and black-out dates may apply. In case of dispute, the hotel reserves the right to make the final decision. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Be sure to check out the Peninsula New York and enter your dates of travel to view rates and availability!
January 19, 2012
By: Oksana Balytsky
Instead of marveling at the furniture and décor of your room at the Gramercy Park Hotel, you can now take it all home with you! This luxury hotel in New York has rooms designed for you to shop, and everything you see from the nightstand to the bathrobe is for sale. Make your reservation, bring your checkbook, and get ready to furnish your home with all of your favorite findings at the Gramercy Park Hotel!
The Gramercy Park Hotel is located right on Gramercy Park, a short walk from Greenwich Village, Union Square, and the meat packing district. It has 184 rooms, suites, specialty suites, and a beautiful Penthouse all created by a collaboration of artists and designers. Each room has a distinguished and unique layout, embracing vivid colors and featuring distinctive art and objects. Guests enjoy rooms decorated with imported rugs, velvet drapery, custom hand-made furniture, and stunning photographs. Rooms are appointed with leather-topped desks, a mahogany English drinking cabinet, and top of the line bathroom products and amenities.
Don’t miss out on this luxury hotel mall, and make your reservation for the Gramercy Park Hotel today!
January 17, 2012
By: Christopher Roney
Restaurant week is coming to Las Vegas' top dining establishments to help usher in springtime, and I can't think of a better way to celebrate the leap year. Courtesy of Adam Leposa at our sister publication, TravelAgentCentral:
The LA Times reports that Las Vegas is launching a new, spring iteration of its Restaurant Week
from February 27 through March 4. Previously, the event had only run in the summer from August 27 to September 2.
The event offers diners the chance to experience fixed-price menus at top Vegas restaurants costing $20.12, $30.12 or $50.12. $4 to $6 of each meal goes to benefit Three Squares, a charity dedicated to providing food assistance to residents of southern Nevada.
Restaurants who have currently announced their participation include:
Aureole at Mandalay Bay - $50.12
Brand Steakhouse & Lounge at Monte Carlo - $50.12
Charlie Palmer Steakhouse at Four Season Las Vegas - $50.12
Diablo’s Cantina at Monte Carlo - $30.12
Fix Restaurant & Bar at Bellagio - $50.12
Stack Restaurant & Bar at Mirage - $50.12
The Steak House at Circus Circus - $50.12
More restaurants are expected to join them in the coming weeks- keep visiting the event’s website at www.helpoutdineoutlv.org/restaurants/menus for further details.
Read the LA Times’ full story here.
January 16, 2012
By: Christopher Roney
The 41 Hotel in London is a little like the Radiohead of the hotel world. Mixing contemporary electronics with classic themes, they are always pushing the boundaries of what to expect. This English property is becoming internationally renowned, and we're not really sure why they're so good at what they do, but they consistently deliver an original and off-beat experience that leaves you wanting to return.
And like a best friend coming to offer you free concert tickets, Five Star Alliance is proud to announce that as part of expanding the way in which we interact with our fans, we're giving away a chance to stay at the 41 Hotel for three nights for free! To enter, simply like us on Facebook, and if you win, you'll be able to stay at the 41, or two nights at The Carlyle in New York, depending on which city strikes your fancy.
1. It's called the 41. If it's possible for a hotel name to be cool, they've managed it.
2. Awarded Best London Hotel by TripAdvisor in the 2011 Traveler's Choice Awards.
3. The contemporary decor mixes stark, pure hues of black and white with rich mahogany to create a feel that is both cutting edge and timeless. Honestly one of my favorite design choices of any hotel, anywhere.
4. Located opposite Buckingham palace, the views are simply royal in quality.
5. With a ratio of 2 staff to every guest, not only is their service exceptionally personal, they beat out Harvard's student-faculty ratio by 14 times.
6. Work out or let it all out with a complimentary day pass to the nearby LA Fitness Spa and Health Club where you can enjoy the sauna, spa, swimming pool, and state-of-the-art exercise equipment and even book a personal trainer.
7. The crown jewel Master Suite allows you to gaze upward at the stars through a glass ceiling that traps in the heat as well as it lets out your imagination.
8. A romantic turndown, available on request, leaves a touch of lavender perfume on your pillows and candles floating in the bathtub.
9. A pet concierge. That's a concierge, for your pet. I don't know why I'd need it, but now I definitely want it.
10. Most of the rooms feature working fireplaces.
11. Once the Executive Lounge shuts down for the evening, feel free to Plunder the Pantry for free snacks and drinks.
12. New York Times Syndicate declared that "No better cocoon in England's capital exists."
13. Executive hospitality suite allows you to separate business and pleasure in your own room, with two separate entrances and a distinct meeting space, you can keep the utmost professional atmosphere.
14. Every room brings a unique touch to the black-and-white themed decor.
15. Formerly the grand ballroom of the nearby Rubens at the Palace, 41 decided that wasn't quite opulent enough, and converted itself into an exclusive residents-only boutique hotel. It's almost like the entire hotel is a VIP room.
16. Similarly, the Executive Lounge that features as the centerpiece of the hotel allows only residents.
17. The nearby Rubens, however, does not offer the same exclusivity and its famed restaurant, the Library serves the highest quality English food and is open to guests of 41 and can even be charged to your room. If you were ever to try at Yorkshire pudding, this would be the place.
18. The Leopard Champagne Bar is no less than what you expect, and you can feel free to cozy up to a surprisingly tasteful leopard-print pillow will sipping on the finest champagne and cognac.
19. The sunlit glass roof of the lounge is guaranteed to brighten your morning brunch, served until 1pm on Sundays.
20. Rooms are tech-savvy, featuring iPod docking stations, LCD tvs, and just about anything else you could require.
21. Whether for business or pleasure, there's free wired internet in every bedroom and wireless throughout the hotel.
22. Choose an aromatherapy pillow from their exclusive pillow menu. I recommend the extra-soft, which goes perfectly with the fruity overtones of a Riesling or Pinot Grigio.
23. Their pet services from the aforementioned concierge are so comprehensive, at first I thought they were pulling my leg. On check-out, you can even receive a framed photo of your pet along with a certificate of stay.
24. If you're looking to host an event, look no further than the personalized Event Coordinator, who will sort out all the personal touches to a memorable celebration.
25. Fuzzy slippers for ladies and gentlemen.
26. A welcome drink on arrival helps you settle in.
27. Split-level suites offer maximum comfort and spaciousness if you're looking to take your vacation to especially lofty heights.
28. In-room massage for when you need to be so relaxed that you don't have to even move.
29. If you're carrying a bouncing baby, rock them to sleep in available baby cots
30. Some rooms face the Royal Mews, which is not a troop of cats but the stables for the royal family.
31. The small touches, like the fresh fruit and scented candles, add flourish to already memorable rooms.
32. If you're looking for some off-beat cuisine, the Bbar Restaurant, also at the Rubens, offers delicious South African cuisine.
33. Dine on the separate Mezzanine level of the Executive Lounge for a more exclusive experience.
34. If a longer stay is in the cards for you, the 41 even arranges for nearby 1 or 2-bedroom apartments.
35. If you'd like an escape from the city streets, miles of jogging trails are available in Green Park and St. James Park.
36. 41 supplies all of its guests with luxurious Fragonard toiletries.
37. Take out a Nintendo Wii on loan if you'd like to enjoy some quality in-room gaming.
38. Child daycare if you simply need to get away from the little one for a quiet evening.
39. A complimentary newspaper (that matches your room!) every morning.
40. And, of course, there's 24-hour room service for the midnight snackers among us.
41. It could be free! Simply 'like' us on Facebook and you'll be automatically entered to win three nights at the 41 Hotel in London!