August 19, 2014
By: Five Star Alliance
Inspired by the beautiful villages of Tuscany, Bellasera Hotel exudes elegance, charm, and historical beauty. Guests at this Four-Diamond property enjoy gorgeous courtyard fountains, Italian architecture, Mediterranean cuisine, and world-class service.
View rates, details, and more images of Bellasera Hotel >>
Churchill Suites Monte Carlo offers luxurious vacation rentals and corporate apartment suites in the heart of central Miami Beach at the Monte Carlo building, newly built in 2014. This luxury 18 story property located directly on the ocean at 65th Street and Collins Avenue offers direct beach access, ocean views, two outdoor swimming pools, a hot tub, fitness center, lounge with billiards, and much more.
View rates, details, and more images of Churchill Suites Monte Carlo >>
In partnership with stylish e-commerce site NET-A-PORTER, the world’s premier online luxury fashion retailer, WestHouse Hotel debuts the first online shopping experience in a U.S. hotel that brings exclusive shopping options to guests. On the elegant touch-screen tablets featured in each guestroom which connect seamlessly to hotel services, Residents can browse NET-A-PORTER’s unparalleled selection of the season’s chicest fashions without leaving their beds. WestHouse provides guests with an easy way to keep tabs on cutting-edge fashion from labels such as Ksubi, R13, Erdem, as well as highly coveted styles by Stella McCartney, Marni, Helmut Lang and Alexander McQueen, among others.
The superb service and customer care from NET-A-PORTER, includes:
• A dedicated phone line in each of WestHouse’s 172 rooms and suites connecting to NET-A-PORTER’s Customer Care team, available 24 hours a day, seven days a week
• A dedicated phone line providing direct access from WestHouse’s 16 suites to NET-A-PORTER’s Personal Shoppers from 9AM to 5PM each weekday, and to Customer Care after hours and on weekends
• Seamless direct connect to NET-A-PORTER ‘s website via in-room tablets that feature a highly visible “just tap” NET-A-PORTER icon on the home screen
• Complimentary same-day delivery directly to the WestHouse in NET-A-PORTER’s beautiful signature black boxes
Highlighting the new partnership will be a specialty Suite Shopping Package whereby guests who book a stay of three or more nights in one of WestHouse’s suites will receive a $500 NET-A-PORTER gift card to spend on their site.
Blue Palace Resort and Spa is nestled on the famed coast of Elounda on the island of Crete, and has emblematic views to the relics of Spinalonga Island.
View rates, details, and more images of Blue Palace Resort and Spa >>
Six Senses Laamu wants the earth to have as good an experience at their resort as the guests do. The luxury resort is committed to reducing its ecological and carbon footprint.
Here's a few of the green initiatives at the resort:
- All villas have been designed to take advantage of passive cooling and overhanging roofs creates shade for the windows, thus reducing the need for air-conditioning. Where air-conditioning is required, only low energy units are used.
- Freshwater production works through reverse-osmosis desalination, whereby pressurised seawater is filtered via a semi-permeable membrane – an energy-intense operation. To reduce this energy consumption, an innovative energy recovery system (ERI) uses the brine’s energy to pressurise seawater to the same pressure as the brine. This installation makes the desalination process much more efficient.
- Suppliers are asked to reduce packaging when delivering supplies.
- Printing paper is eco-labelled or recycled and the reverse side of printed paper is used for notes.
- Guests are given re-usable glass water bottles rather than disposable plastic bottles.
- A recycling corner where waste is separated into paper, plastic, metal, glass, organic waste, and toxic waste. A compactor reduces the space required to store the waste before it is sent for recycling and proper handling.
- A composting site takes food waste from the kitchen and restaurants composts it with garden waste. The composting soil generated from this activity is reused in our landscape and gardening.
View rates, details, and more images of Six Senses Laamu >>
August 17, 2014
By: Betsy LeTourneau
We at Five Star Alliance work tirelessly to ensure we bring you the best luxury hotels selection and information regarding amenities, location, and highlights so you are confident that the hotel you choose will exceed your expectations and serve your needs. Sometimes, however, you are left with a few questions that go unanswered, and that’s why we’re here. Be sure to explore our new blog series Your Questions Answered to find answers to real questions submitted to us by our clients regarding traveling with kids, pets, the best beach hotels, and much more.
QUESTION: We are a family of 4 and looking to stay is London. What hotel offers the best accommodations for our family?
ANSWER: With its timeless Regency architecture and unmatched location in the heart of London's West End, Le Méridien Piccadilly is recognised as the landmark hotel in Piccadilly Circus. The hotel proudly stands on nine floors, showcasing 266 luxurious bedrooms. The hotel is near the shopping district, theatres, parks and museums. Regarded as one of London's finest hotels, guests can enjoy a traditional afternoon tea at the Oak Room Lounge, or indulge in the gourmet cuisine of the Terrace Restaurant and Bar. The hotel has an atmosphere of quiet luxury and comfort, providing quick, efficient and unobtrusive service.
For Your Family's Needs, We Recommend:
Family Room-Non-Smoking. Ideal for a family of four, these sophisticated rooms are equipped with two queen beds and include complimentary buffet breakfast for all plus free in-room WiFi internet access. Exclusive benefits for children throughout your stay include complimentary dining at Le Meridien Piccadilly and an unlimited number of items to launder; allowing you the option to travel lighter.
View rates, details, and more images of Le Meridien Piccadilly >>
All rates are based on double occupancy and extra person charges may apply. Please be advised that the rates, availability, as well as any extra person charges are subject to change depending on the hotel’s policies.
By: Betsy LeTourneau
Amankila is an oasis of calm in the remote yet accessible regency of Karangasem, Bali’s most traditional regency. The area offers a host of activities from mountain biking and diving, to cultural excursions to temples and ancient water palaces.
View rates, details, and more images of Amankila >>
Cinnamon Grand Colombo is located in the heart of Colombo's business, shopping, and entertainment center.
View rates, details, and more images of Cinnamon Grand Colombo >>
The Azure Qiantang is ideally positioned alongside the Qiantang River, The Azure Qiantang overlooks the world's largest tidal bore. This dramatic vista combines with a premier location near the West Lake, offering access to the airport and train station, to ensure an extraordinary stay in Hangzhou.
Book your stay at The Azure Qiantang >>
Hotel Monteleone, the quintessential New Orleans hotel, is looking to make history in a whole different way. Fittingly, the piece will be made out of Mardi Gras beads, bottle caps, and wine corks. It will depict Life in the French Quarter. Over the next year, Wanger will be traveling with the piece to schools and community centers statewide to work with volunteers on placing more than four million Mardi Gras beads on the art work. The piece will return to the Hotel Monteleone in summer 2015.
The massive art piece titled “Life in the French Quarter” is the latest project of local bead artist Stephan Wanger’s Bead Town initiative. The inspiration behind “Life in the French Quarter” is to translate everything that makes New Orleans great into art. Wanger’s vision of the piece features a background of iconic New Orleans scenery and a second line of famous local movers and shakers from the past and present including Lena and Louis Prima, Robin Barnes, Tennessee Williams and many more. The free standing 16-panel plywood canvas measures 96 feet wide by 8 feet tall and will be made entirely out of Mardi Gras Beads along with bottle caps and wine corks. Wanger started to prep the canvas by sketching out his vision for the piece in July 2014 and he projects it will take a year to add over four million Mardi Gras beads to complete the project by August 2015.
View rates, details, and more images of Hotel Monteleone >>