September 15, 2013
By: Five Star Alliance
A telescopic view of Restaurante Fonda Espana at Barcelona's Hotel Espana.
Fall rates at Hotel Espana start at $176 per night >>
Share this article:
November 7, 2012
By: Oksana Balytsky
Traveling with kids can be difficult with many hotels enforcing maximum occupancy policies, so we love when hotels are able to provide room options and rates ideal for family travel! The Hotel Palace Barcelona has family specials running from November 1st 2012 – March 31st 2013. This luxury hotel has various options available since families come in different shapes and sizes. No cookie-cutter short cuts here; pick the room type that’s right for you and start planning your holiday in Spain! (Counting Crows, anyone?)
Accommodation for 2 adults and 2 children (age 11 and under):
- Junior Suite with a sofabed for the 2 children to share. No extra person charges.
- 2 Rooms for Families option which has 2 interconnecting Classic Deluxe rooms.
- 2 Bedroom Suite option.
Accommodation for 2 adults and 2 children (one under 11 and one as adult):
- Junior Suite with a sofabed for the 2 children to share. Extra person charge of 80 Euros per night for the third adult.
- 2 Bedroom Suite option. Extra person charge of 80 Euros per night for the third adult.
Accommodation for 2 adults and 3 children:
- 2 Rooms for Families option which has 2 interconnecting Classic Deluxe rooms. If any of the children are older than 11, an additional 80 Euros will be applied to the rate per night, per adult.
- 2 Bedroom Suite option. Extra person charge of 80 Euros per night for any additional adult over the age of 11.
To view rates and availability, simply visit this website and enter your dates of travel!
September 7, 2012
By: Oksana Balytsky
We sift through newsletters, promotions, updates, rants, raves, and reviews to find the absolute best luxury hotels in various categories. Our team of luxury travel experts certainly knows a thing or two about what’s considered to be an exceptional hotel, so we’ve put our top picks together to create a list of Five Star Alliance Favorites!
Lucy, our Director of Digital Operations here at Five Star Alliance, has voted the Gran Hotel la Florida in Barcelona as one of her favorite spots in Spain. This hotel is perfectly situated 300 meters above the city, offering spectacular views of Barcelona and the Mediterranean Sea. Our insider sources tell us that Bruce Springsteen (Lucy’s favorite singer) stays here when he’s in Barcelona, which may very well be reason enough to find this hotel as a charming gem in the bustling city in Spain. A few key highlights of the Gran Hotel la Florida include:
- Children service's including baby sitting and special activities upon request.
- Heated indoor /outdoor Swimming-pool. -
- ZenZone SPA including Sauna, Steam Bath, Pressure Showers, Ice Fountain, Jacuzzi, Hydrotherapy and treatment cabins.
- Wine & Cava cellar tours and tastings.
Explore more photos, availability, and rates at the Gran Hotel la Florida here. >>
May 11, 2012
By: Christopher Roney
Conde Nast Traveler, purveyor of fine hotel reviews and travel advice, has just released its 2012 edition of the Hot List, a list of hotels that are setting the hotel world aflame with fresh designs and new concepts, or maybe just a solid new look at classic luxury. 41 reporters embedded themselves anonymously in hotels across the globe to review their targets. What results is a list of 121 hotels around the world that are so on fire they should be put on your watch list, just in case they end up burning down.
Ohla, la. The Ohla Hotel in Barcelona is looking good enough to make a slightly inappropriate reference to consuming it. Wow, I could just eat it up. Near the Plaza de Catalunya, the small 74-room boutique was built just last year, and while it's still just stretching its legs, it came out of the womb a freakishly mature adult, ready to hit the ground running. Customizability is the name of the game at the Ohla Hotel. Its 24-hour room service offers an a la carte menu for just about everything in the room. Sheets, pillows, aromas for your linens, even films and music. Yeah, you saw that right. You can select what your sheets smell like. I often make the same choice every night at home, but that's more an indication that I should stop eating take-out in bed. Take-out certainly won't be necessary at the Ohla. Just head to the Sauc restaurant which has gotten its very own gold (Michelin) star. If you want to see downtown Barcelona from a room you've made your very own, you can't do better than the Ohla Hotel.
February 17, 2012
By: Oksana Balytsky
We understand that no one aims to come in second place; there is no recognition for mediocrity. We at Five Star Alliance understand better than anyone the importance of offering the most luxurious resorts in the world, so we notice what’s going on in the industry, and it matters to us, because it matters to you. We work hard to offer you the best in the industry, and we’d like to welcome you to our second blog series where we feature the best and most luxurious resorts in the world. But don’t take our word for it. These resorts have been recognized as the best in the business and have made the prestigious Condé Nast Traveler Gold List 2012.
The Condé Nast Traveler Gold List 2012 is the eighth of their annual lists, and the hotels chosen by their team of editors and experts are the best for service, food, location, rooms, leisure facilities, ambiance and design.
The Mandarin Oriental Barcelona is featured on the Gold List 2012: Best for ambience and design. This luxury hotel offers some of the most exclusive accommodations in Barcelona with only 98 rooms and suites. Its modern designs incorporate subtle reflections of their oriental heritage, and it is a staple hotel in the Mandarin Oriental collection. Views are either of their interior garden or the Passeig de Gracia, a stylish boulevard. A number of guest rooms have a balcony or terrace allowing guests to take in the sweeping beauty of Barcelona. The charm behind this hotel is certainly in its design, for it has the feel of a small, personal boutique hotel, but provides the amenities and service expected from an established, large hotel.
Be sure to explore the photos and room options at the Mandarin Oriental Barcelona!
December 22, 2011
By: Oksana Balytsky
In the final days of 2011, Five Star Alliance is counting down the Top 20 Luxury Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, as decided by our guests.
Quick facts about the Majestic Hotel and Spa Barcelona:
- Walking distance from Barcelona’s most exciting landmarks including Las Ramblas, the Plaza de Cataluna, the Gothic Quarter, and Gaudi’s major architectural works.
- Offers 276 rooms and 41 suits, all renovated and new in 2011.
- Rooms use the most up-to-date technology including a Satellite Newspaper kiosk to access 168 international newspapers.
- Offers Smart Roadster Convertible cars with GPS, and this service is free for one day for guests who reserve a suite.
- Business Center features 5 PCs with Windows XP, laser and ink-jet printers, photocopier, fax, scanner, shredder, and office supplies.
- Outdoor, rooftop pool offers guests incredible views of Barcelona.
- The Penthouse is the most exclusive and luxurious room option. It offers the most impressive panoramic view of the city, two private terraces, and 6 plasma screen televisions.
View photos, learn more about the hotel, and check availability at the Majestic Hotel and Spa Barcelona.
September 29, 2011
By: Mary Winston Nicklin
Who says summer is over? The sun is shining in Barcelona, and Spain's jewel by the sea is enticing you for a tapas- and sangria-filled stay. Gape at Gaudí’s architecture, surf the waves, and taste some of the best food and drink in your life. Take advantage of a special rate at the four-star Hotel Granados 83, and you may decide to extend your stay. Just 95 euros a night! And this pad's got a gym, sauna, swimming pool, and terrace bar with views over the Barcelona skyline. Filled with Buddhist and Hindu art, the Hotel Granados 83 is itself a Zen-like space resembling the old lofts of New York’s Soho.
August 5, 2011
By: Mary Winston Nicklin
We're whisking you away to Barcelona today for some sun, sangria, and sensational architecture. Sure, Gaudí's work is a visual feast, but we're talking the Hotel Arts Barcelona. Overlooking the city's beaches and promenades, the hotel itself is housed in a striking contemporary building with terraced gardens and a stunning outdoor pool. Inside you'll find more eye candy: an impressive art collection and a swoonworthy duplex spa by Six Senses. (If Gwyneth gabs about this place on GOOP, it's gotta be good!)