LUXURY HOTEL INSIDER
Perched between the mountains and the lake, The Grand Hotel Villa Serbelloni is a luxurious retreat. Originally built as a private estate in the 1850s, the historic hotel has been popular with royalty and celebrities from around the world for more than 100 years. Featuring a prime setting in Bellagio, the resort has an indoor and outdoor pool, fine dining, full-service spa, lavish gardens, and ornate interiors.
Here are three of our favorite experiences at the property:
- Spa Serbelloni: open from April to October, the spa is located within a historic villa. Adjacent to the indoor pool, guests can enjoy a variety of treatments designed to create harmony between the mind and body, including the Beauty Day program which includes a remineralizing body treatment, massage, facial, and light lunch. Plus, there are integrative options that combine Pilates and Fitness Center sessions with spa treatments.
- The Mistral Restaurant offers the ultimate dining with a view experience. Featuring cuisine by Michelin Star Chef Etorre Bocchia, the restaurant has a terrace with stunning views of Lake Como, plus live music.
- Taxi Boat excursions are the perfect way to experience the breathtaking beauty of the area. The hotel offers a variety of options including transfers from the property's private dock to Villa D'Este and Centro Lago, or guests can choose rides around the lake for a specific amount of time.
Check availability and rates now at The Grand Villa Serbelloni >>
June 21, 2016
By: Rachael Weir
Situated in historic Syntagma Square, the NJV Athens Plaza is within walking distance of the upscale Stadiou and Voukourestiou Streets. Featuring a modern atmosphere and luxurious amenities, the hotel provides breathtaking views of the Acropolis as well as easy access to shopping, archeological sites and tourist attractions. There's also three on-site dining options including a British-style bar, all-day café and the Parliament Restaurant with authentic Mediterranean cuisine. Plus, a terrace with stunning vistas.
Guest rooms at the hotel feature contemporary styling with a mostly white color palette, designer furnishings and smart TVs, plus views of the Acropolis and downtown Athens.
In addition, all guests enjoy:
- Discounted rates to the prestigious Holmes Place Athens Club and Spa
- Car rental service
- Multilingual staff
- Traditional Greek and American-style buffet breakfast choices
Check availability and rates now at NJV Athens Plaza Hotel >>
By: Rachael Weir
Located in the heart of Cappadocia on the site of an ancient monastery in Old Uchisar Village, Argos in Cappadocia has carefully restored the remains of historical dwellings, underground tunnels, and caves to offer guests an unsurpassed place to stay that has a unique perspective from which to view the region. Guest rooms and suites spread among six mansions.
Uchisar boasts panoramic views of the Cappadocia plateau and looks out over the natural fortresses of Bashisar and Ortahisar. Spread out along Pigeon Valley (Guvercinlik Vadisi), its foothills feature charming houses and sprawling mansions connected by underground tunnels, of churches, monasteries, and freshwater springs.
Highlight: Splendid Suite
Built into the caves, Splendid Suite's all include a private plunge pool in addition to a view of the garden. The sitting area located under a gigantic arch has its own garden and terrace. These accommodations are half stone and half carved into living rock, they offer separated bedroom and living areas so that, if you want, you can lounge in the pool on the bottom floor or spend your time looking at the enchanting view from the terrace of your room - where you can look out over Pigeon Valley and gaze upon Mt. Erciyes as you sip a drink.
Check rates and availability at Argos in Cappadocia >>
June 15, 2016
By: Five Star Alliance
One&Only Palmilla, located along a soft sandy beach of the Baja coast in Los Cabos, has 172 rooms - each offers Sea of Cortez views. The luxury resort also features a 4 bedroom, 10,500 square foot luxury villa named Villa Cortez, with prices ranging from $10,000 a night upwards.
What do you get for a five figure price tag?
- Enough space for 8 adults and 2 children (4 bedrooms, remember?)
- Spa area
- A theater with 19.5 foot screen and seating for 12
- 12 Villa specific staff
- Patio (including veranda with whirlpool, fire pits, shower, day beds, loungers, and more)
- Palapa (a traditional Mexican shelter roofed with palm leaves or branches)
- Interior living space: 789m2 / 8,500ft2
- Exterior living space: 186m2 / 2,000ft2
Check rates and availability for Villa Cortez at One&Only Palmilla >>
Pictured: Lounging by the fire on the long beachfront veranda which features an infinity-edge pool, whirlpool, fire pits, shower, day beds, and lounge. Image courtesy of One&Only Palmilla on Instagram at /oneandonlypalmilla/.
June 13, 2016
By: Five Star Alliance
Open from April until October, The Fairmont Monte Carlo offers the exclusive Nikki Beach by the pool experience on the 7th floor for a moment of pure escape and pleasure under the heat of the Monaco sun. Each day, from breakfast (7 am) until long after the sun has gone down, celebrities, VIPs and true yacht lovers flock to Nikki Beach to enjoy the music spun by Nikki Beach's world renowned Resident DJs facing the magnificent Riviera.
Located in the heart of Monaco, the roof-top pool, heated at 30°C, has spectacular views of the Mediterranean Sea, Monte-Carlo's Belle Epoque Opera and Casino, and the celebrated Fairmont Monte Carlo Grand Prix hairpin curve.
Sun beds are exclusively reserved to hotel guests. Love seats, double beds, and Opium beds can be reserved for a cost.
Upcoming parties for 2016 include:
July: 1st - Do You Saint Tropez?; 2nd - Peace, Love & Music; 4th - 4th of July Celebration; 7th - Live @ Nikki Beach; 9th - Flashback; 14th - Bastille Day; 16th - Tribal Vibes; 21st - Live @ Nikki Beach; 23rd - 1st Anniversary Party; 30th - Tropicana Club
August: 6th - Peace, Love & Music; 11th - Live @ Nikki Beach; 13th - Flashback; 20th - Tribal Vibes; 25th - Live @ Nikki Beach; 27th - Tropicana Club
September: 3rd - Red Party; 10th - What Women Want; 28th - Love Boat Party
Book your reservation at the Fairmont Monte Carlo now >>
Pictured: Nikki Beach image courtesy of Fairmont Monte Carlo on Instagram (fairmontmc)
At Hotel du Louvre in Paris, even with 177 guest rooms, including 43 suites, each one with its own distinguished style, most of the rooms overlook the Louvre Museum, the Comedie Francaise Theatre, or the Avenue de l'Opera. As clear from the name, the hotels is across from the Louvre in the 1st arr.
The luxury property built in 1855 features a brasserie with terrace seting offering views of the Louvre, as well as a refined jazz bar serving cocktails and light fare. Guests that make their room reservations through Five Star Alliance receive complimentary welcome cocktails, ideal for both business and leisure travelers.
Make your reservation at Hotel du Louvre now >>
Orlando isn't just a place for the kids. Next to Lake Buena Vista in Orlando, Florida, and contiguous to Walt Disney World®, is The Villas of Grand Cypress. Featuring elegant Villas with one to four bedrooms for even the largest group, the resort is an ideal destination for bachelor and bachelorette getaways. Features include:
- 45 holes of award-winning Jack Nicklaus Signature-designed golf, top-notch instruction at Grand Cypress Academy of Golf
- Twelve private tennis courts with eight Har-Tru and four Deco-Turf II courts, five lighted courts and and two racquet ball courts
- Extensive, state-of-the-art fitness center
- 9-Hole Pitch 'n' Putt golf
- In-Room/Villa Spa Services
- Two Pools, both with waterfalls and one with two waterslides
- Game Room
- Fishing Pools and Tackle, 24' Rock Climbing Wall, Jogging, Biking (including a Bicycle Fleet), and Fitness Trails
Book your party at the Villas of Grand Cypress now >>
A boutique luxury hotel, the River Inn Memphis, is located just steps from the Mighty Mississippi in Downtown Memphis' Harbor Town community. With only 28 rooms, the intimate Inn is accented by gas-lit lanterns, decorative wrought iron, blooming window boxes and a panoramic view from the Terrace on the roof top.
All guest rooms feature a Queen or King 4 poster bed and most rooms feature a Mississippi River view. But best of all, no matter what room you book or which rate package, as of this writing, all guests receive the following:
- Free Parking
- Complimentary glass of Champagne or Wine at check-in
- Library-style sitting area on each floor with early morning coffee
- Complimentary gourmet breakfast at Paulette's
- Port wine and chocolate truffles at turn-down
- Free High-speed wireless Internet service
- Complimentary guest computers
- Use of Fitness Room
- Gratuities for Room Attendant and Breakfast Server
Located in the heart of New Orleans' most historic district, at the W New Orleans French Quarter, 2 blocks from Bourbon Street, guests are within walking distance from some of the city's best live jazz venues, top restaurants, boutiques, antique shops, and the iconic Jackson Square. There are lots of reasons we love this enchanting hotel with Southern hospitality, but here are three:
1. The lush courtyard, with complimentary wireless internet and bubbling fountain that leads to a heated outdoor pool surrounded by green trees and an intricate iron gate designed to transport you to the French Riviera.
2. The four Studio Suites are in their own standalone building. From inside where there is a seating area and separate master bedrom, go out the front French doors to a private patio or balcony, or head out the back where a second balcony or a private courtyard with a Jacuzzi awaits.
3. SoBou, featuring Louisiana Street Food Inspired Small Plates, has a Beer Garden with beer taps in the tables and self-serve wine machines.
Learn even more about the W Hotel New Orleans in the French Quarter >>
June 1, 2016
By: Five Star Alliance
25 luxurious private pool villas make up the ultra luxurious Viceroy Bali, only a five minute drive from central Ubud. With unparalleled views of the dramatic tropical Petanu Valley views and surrounded by rice fields, hotel guests wanting to avoid the 45-minute drive from Bali's Ngurah Rai International Airport to Ubud can instead opt for a direct helicopter transfer to the hotel. In addition, guests can tour Bali and the neighboring islands by air in the helicopter.
2 of our favorite tours are:
Kintamani Volcano Sky Tour - A bus transfer from the hotel to a private Helipad at Taro Elephant Safari park, then the 25 minute aerial tour of the Kintamani Volcano and Caldera lake, renowned as Bali's most famous landmark.
Nusa Lembongan & Nusa Penida Costal Sky Tour - Approximately 60 minutes long, these islands feature stunning white cliffs and deserted white beaches. Also discover Crystal bay, famous for its shimmering swathes of sand and aquamarine waters.