LUXURY HOTEL INSIDER
The Luxury Hotel Insider
: Exclusive luxury hotel deals, features and special rates from the luxury hotel experts at Five Star Alliance.
Named one of Tripbase's Best Luxury Travel Blogs for 2011
, below are Five Star Alliance's newest articles featuring exclusive information on luxury hotels worldwide including special offers and deals at the world's best hotels.
Laucala Island Resort is the newest member of the Five Star Alliance collection. The 25 Fijian-styled villas are set amid coconut plantations, beside deserted beaches, and atop the island's volcanic mountains, overlooking fertile coral reefs and endless jungle. Style and sustainability go hand in hand throughout, from the natural fibers and woods used in design to the wild orchids harvested in gardens and organic produce grown on island farms. Set over 1,400 hectares, Laucala epitomizes the seclusion and graceful hospitality for which the Fijian archipelago is famed.
View rates, details, and more images of Laucala Island Resort >>
Pikaia Lodge, which opens in October, 2014 , is designed for the environmentally conscious, eco-adventure traveler, who seeks intimate contact with the unique natural heritage of the Galapagos along with all the comforts of a highly evolved lifestyle.
Book your stay at Pikaia Lodge >>
Royal Palm Hotel Galapagos is surrounded by the natural beauty of the hotel’s 150 hectare private estate adjoining the Galapagos National Park. The largest accessible lava tunnel on the Island is also found here. The residences complement their natural surroundings and are designed for comfort and relaxation. The Villas sit individually within the grounds while the Casitas are located on the Royal Fountain Circle, with verandas overlooking the Royal Palm estate.
Book a once-in-a-lifetime getaway to Royal Palm Hotel Galapagos >>
Blanket Bay Lodge sits at the north end of Lake Wakatipu amidst New Zealand's finest scenery. The luxury resort is known for its commitment to active vacations. Nearby activities include fly-fishing, heli-skiing, hiking on the Routeburn or Milford Tracks, jetboating, golfing kayaking, 4WD tours, horse riding, and flight-seeing over Fiordland National Park and Milford Sound.
For those guests whose interest's lie in the area of wine and art, the resort has the perfect activity. The Wine & Arts Trail takes you to the homes and galleries of New Zealand's pre-eminent artists coupled with sampling Otago's finest wines at the local vineyards.
Guests spend the day visiting Kiwit artists in their home studios. Then, they can quaff some "New World" wines that the Southern Lakes region is known for. The hotel can arrange for a chaffeur-driven car, so that guests can imbibe freely.
Book your stay at Blanket Bay >>
- All villas have been designed to take advantage of passive cooling and overhanging roofs creates shade for the windows, thus reducing the need for air-conditioning. Where air-conditioning is required, only low energy units are used.
- Freshwater production works through reverse-osmosis desalination, whereby pressurised seawater is filtered via a semi-permeable membrane – an energy-intense operation. To reduce this energy consumption, an innovative energy recovery system (ERI) uses the brine’s energy to pressurise seawater to the same pressure as the brine. This installation makes the desalination process much more efficient.
- Suppliers are asked to reduce packaging when delivering supplies.
- Printing paper is eco-labelled or recycled and the reverse side of printed paper is used for notes.
- Guests are given re-usable glass water bottles rather than disposable plastic bottles.
- A recycling corner where waste is separated into paper, plastic, metal, glass, organic waste, and toxic waste. A compactor reduces the space required to store the waste before it is sent for recycling and proper handling.
- A composting site takes food waste from the kitchen and restaurants composts it with garden waste. The composting soil generated from this activity is reused in our landscape and gardening.